How I Am Celebrating Earth Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Cleaned out the used oil bucket in the gutter yesterday morning so I could use it as a stand for my Earth Day tree. I fired up the gasoline generator last night to illuminate it. Wanted the late night crowd to appreciate my rotating, pink flocked beauty. There were a lot of fumes, and the fans made a mess of the Made In China styrofoam ornaments, so I burned them. About 2 AM the sprinklers came on again and 3 of the broken ones washed off the flocking, so I just hosed it down the storm drain. I was sad to see it go, but then a couple of hours later I drove past the ponding basin and sure enough, there was a pink foam on top. I have beautified the environment !

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, that's great! I love to see people get involved in Earth Day.

Myself, I decided to take an offroad drive through the country in my Hydrocarbon powered eco-vehicle vehicle so everyone could see that I am doing my part to rid the earth of all that nasty oil by using it up. When it's all gone, we'll all be better off. :D

ecolarge.jpg

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
You guys are wicked.

And here I am washing my clothes by hand on the rocks in the creek drying them on bushes. SO is out hunting for wild game with his homemade bow and arrows, using arrowheads we found on the land. I have been pounding our home grown corn in the mortar and pestle so I can make some corn meal mush on my rocket stove fueled by twigs I gathered in the park after the last storm. My hands are red and raw from picking the wild nettles, I forgot to bring gloves. :rolleyes:

I will spend my evening spinning the fur I have gathered from our various animals. I am using the spindle made from a cup hook, cd and a pencil. I hope to make enough yarn to weave some cloth next winter on the loom SO is making for me, using recycled pallets.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am having roasted spotted owl for dinner.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yah.. um... for earth day we drove our big ol' gas guzzlin truck, fired up the chainsaw on them pesky trees, and then ran around in the yard with our methane-tootin' mini-poppers!

golly i guess thats not very earth day-y but thats what happened

;-)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, guess I don't find any humor in furthering the ultimate destruction of our planet on one of the few days set aside for an ultimate good.

I would plant some seeds in the garden in honor of today, but it is not in the Moon's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.