How I Am Celebrating Earth Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I did choose paper over styrofoam for my triple latte though. if that's any consolation. ;)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i saved gas in the truck by letting the neighbor ride my sons bike to work rather than give her a ride for the 3rd time this week

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sorry, guess I don't find any humor in furthering the ultimate destruction of our planet on one of the few days set aside for an ultimate good.
After the 9th or 10th "ultimate destruction of the planet" scare, the novelty wears off.

I am off the fry up some beer battered snail darter.....

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahem,
1338_what-if-its-a-hoax.jpg

That is all. :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Marked trees for a future timber sale.

Little bit more that that. It's also for stand improvement. Habitat improvement and fuels reduction.

Trees are a renewable resource.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I honestly do not care what silly little political stances there are on it, what right or left winger hates/supports/uses it for financial gain. To me it is far from political. Preservation is very much spiritual.

I realize we must do what we need in our daily lives, and that many of us here are much more environmentally friendly than some, but honestly I find such mockery very repulsive and offensive.

It may not be of any worry once you are dead and in the ground, but others live here too, and will hopefully continue to.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Many things offend many people. On the whole, I do not know what offends others here, and vice versa. It is up to the individual to deal with their feelings of being offended, hopefully without attempting to control the conversation.

When I find myself feeling uncomfortable, I deal with it by pulling away quietly until I have myself under control again and am able to give each person the respect he or she is entitled to.

You see, my right to be offended does not give me the right to attack, belittle or otherwise demand that fellow posters consider my participation more important than their own, and thus acquiesce to my implied demands.

While our experiences are diverse on this form, in discussion we are equals, and as equals we are free to chat about issues back and forth with maturity and respect. Occasionally we fail in our attempts, that is certain. But in the end, as adults, we do what my 10 year old granddaughter advises her 4 year old sister. We put on our big girl panties and deal with it.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I took a walk to enjoy the view of the mountains.

I washed up my brand new stainless steel water bottle - so I can start using it. Keep from getting dehydrated when I go places, like the Community Garden that just opened nearby.
:weee I got a garden spot :weee I got a garden spot. :weee I got a garden spot. :weee
(might be a little excited)

Pink foamy water - :ep :hide
k0xxx - Does that triple latte qualify as a renewable energy source? :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya :ya

Blackbird- :hugs Us hippies will show 'em how it's done. Takes his hand and starts a circle dance. :weee Invites Denise to join . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.