How many pairs of shoes do you own???

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Right, you had to go here, didnt you??

For some reason people used to call me Imelda - some lady in history - Imelda Marcos or something - she was shoe fanatic I guess -

I dont have as many as that!!! I dont go around counting my shoes though! Or my slippers! Who wants to? I just like them. I rarely buy new ones, except my $10 tennis shoes at Walmart, about once every couple of years when I need fancy white ones. I have shoes on a shelf in the laundry room, in a basket in my closet, and by my front door. Also here and there :D.

I got alot of my shoes when my size 7.5 shoe grandmother passed away years ago..I inherited hers, slippers and all! Then I also like to pick up a cute pair of sandals at the local thrift store once in a while (couple pair this year) for $2.00, real leather ones...stuff like that. I picked up a new pair of Snow Boots from a friend, free...Used Mud Boots last year $4.50...(Threw out the holey ones from grandma)...I have to have some dress shoes for work/Court...some for mud/snow...some for summer/water...and I like sandals!!

Tina/tfpets

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Just say, I have enough to last me for eternity! :D

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
pair of running shoes
hiking boots-use all year for outside stuff
garden clogs-wear all the time
pair of fuzzy pink slippers-gathering dust

2 pairs of jeans
4 t shirts
1 sweater
1 jacket
6 pairs socks

And scrubs for work....gee..I have been SS for years where clothes are concerned! :lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I have;

2 pr of 'good' shoes, one pair doesn't fit, the other has a hole in each side.

1 pr cowboy boots, wear these ALL the time, for the barn, or outside wherever, the entire bottoms are starting falling off though.

1 pr sandals, rarely wear these, theyre pretty lame, usually go barefoot on sandal occasions anyway.

1 pr moccasin boots, wear these inside during the winter.

2 prs heavy winter boots, they always manage to get wet inside so I alternate each day.

I used to have a pair of rubber boots, but the dog chewed them apart so I have to borrow my brothers if I need waterproof.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have one pair of winter work boots, one pair of crocs(dollar store version) that now have a hole in the toe and one pair of work shoes that are used ONLY for the nights I work. All together they cost maybe $55. ANd I have had the work boots for nearly 2 1/2 years, the crocs since last christmas, and only recently got the work shoes.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The question REALLY is, are you wearing ALL of the shoes that you own. When I find a pair of dress shoes that I LOVE (because they both look great AND feel super comfy), I try to pick up 2 more pairs of the same, because I KNOW I'll wear them all out. I buy cheap flip-flops because I wear them all year around (inside in the winter, of course.) The last pair of English riding boots I bought were used (1997), and probably need to be replaced. Just threw away a 5 year old pair of Western Riding boots--TOTALLY worn out. Two of my DD's wear the same shoe size (I'm wide, they are not), and we share a lot of dress shoes. They share 3 pairs of patent leather, open weave (same style) flats that are black, white and hot pink. They use them in the summer, then put 'em away until next year. Don't seem to go out of style. My mom works (retired) at a thrift store run through her church, and she's picked up 5 pairs of sneakers that I asked for to wear while doing my outside chores. At $3/pair (most hardly worn at all) it saves my boots a lot of wear and tear. Still need to go through my closet, but any pairs I throw away will have enough use to justify the cost. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
More than I need . . . but that is because I keep the old worn out ones around and wear them when I am painting or doing something gross where I don't want my regular shoes to get messed up. The old pairs also save me wear on the newer shoes.

In general I keep:
1. A pair of tennis shoes
2. A nice pair of shoes for when I have to dress up
3. Work/mud boots
4. Hiking boots
5. Sandals
6. Indoor only clogs (my version of slippers)

But like I said, I have older and newer versions of all of those.

OMG, I can't believe I own more than 6 pairs of shoes! :gig And most likely more than 12. :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
seriously what else do you need but:

1. flip flops
2. barn boots
3. one nice pair to wear to church?? (generally dragging in some kind of poo and straw down the aisle)

;-)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, first I have a few pairs of dress shoes in a box in the back of the closet, just in case of a funeral. (seriously)

I have 2 pairs of flip flops--1 brown, 1 black

1 pair of hiking boots

1 pair of tennis shoes (for mowing the grass)

1 pair of dress boots

1 pair of insulated camo hunting boots

1 pair of rubber boots

I hate shoes. Most of the time I am in flip flops or barefoot.