how much for your farm eggs?

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rd200 said:
so lucky said:
Wannabefree said:
:lol: I only can charge $2 because mine mostly free range in the summer time. WAY less feed!
Yes, but free range eggs are more valuable, nutrition-wise. Summer could be when you make a little profit! (or at least come closer to break-even):rolleyes:
When i read your post i thought..... you should be charging MORE for free-range eggs,not less. In my part of the woods, Organic free range eggs go anywhere from $3-5/dozen depending. If they arent100% free range or100% organic then maybe $2.00 at the lowest. I get eggs from 2 different ladies. The one is Organic Free range and hers are 2.50/dozen and they are pretty good size eggs, mostly all browns tho. THis may sound stupid, but the other lady i get them from isnt 100% organic or free range, but she has always such nice eggs, and pretty colors too. I like opening up my egg carton and seeing pink, green, bluish-green, brown and everyother color there is too!!! I know....silly, but iprefer getting eggs from the lady with all different color ones. And they are .50cents more/dozen than the first lady. But the yolks always seem to be more orangish when i get the multi-color eggs from the one lady, so i tend to go to her for my eggs.

NOw that easter is coming up i have to go to the STORE to buy eggs. YIKES!!!! Those things look nasty now that ive been getting NICE Farm-fresh eggs :D

ETA: Gosh, my post sounded like a city-person... all those Pretty colored eggs.....
* No offense to city-people- just dont want to sound like one....cuz im not....
None need to buy eggs. You already have a colorful basket!

arizonagardengirl77

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
In Arizona a store bought dzn eggs will cost anywhere from .89 cents to $2.00. I charge $3.00 dzn for free range eggs.....however, when you go to the Farmers Markets around town you will pay between $5.00-$6.00 a dzn. I am a vegetable plant vendor at the Farmers Markets and was dumbfounded to see them selling for soooo much...but he told me on average he sells 70-90 dzn eggs in a day @ that crazy price! Man, I am in the wrong business...I need more chickens! LOL

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
When I was away, they had free breakfast at the hotel. I took one look at the nasty, pale looking scrambled eggs, and passed on them. Those were NOT eggs.
When I eat out in restaurants, I almost never order eggs scrambled, because more often than not they aren't real eggs anyway... :sick

citylife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMHO I think our eggs should sell for at least a buck higher then the "fancy organic ones" at the grocery store.
They are like 5 times better for you!

I to have become an "egg snob" My girls were molting and not producing and I had company and bought the "spensive" eggs at the store.
I cooked them up! And spit them back onto my plate. What was bad is I was so torked, I didnt even feed them to my dogs or chickens!
I sure hope I am not the only freak out here who does that. But, it was gross........ My company thought it was quite funny as they do NOT know the difference.
I paid $3.50 for those gross things!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A couple guys from my Hubby's work buys them from me for $2 a dozen. I may have to go up a little soon because of chicken food prices, but with free ranging, this covers my costs for their food and I get more eggs for myself than I can handle almost. I'm not selling to try and make money right now, the guys from his work don't care for the store eggs so we make out fine.

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
5.00 and they have to drive 2 hours to get them as we are not allowed to deliver. I upped the price to 5.50 if they don't bring back the cartons. I get 7.00 for duck eggs and it looks like they may be worth a bit more. There us a Greek community in the big city who wants the real deal. I am hatching out more chicks as it looks like the chickens might actually start paying for themselves and the ducks, geese, and turkeys. I am going to have to cut the deadwood though.

Scott F

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Our eggs are free range and organic fed. We get $5.00 and you have to come to the farm. We are a state certified producer and if we sell off the farm we have to use new egg cartons and put a state tax stamp on the carton. We charge an extra fifty cents to cover that. Thankfully we have enough farm sales we seldom have to take eggs to town.