How to grate fels-naptha without hemmorhaging?

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read the first two pages and laughed my pants off. Sadly, no time to read the whole thing right now, so I don't know if someone's made this recommendation. I have an antique shop near my place, and go there frequently to shop (I get some weird looks....). Anyway, I have two cheese graters. A new one that I hate that I use on my cheese (the handle keeps breaking off). And I also have an old one from the shop that I use for non food jobs. Like soap. It's flat, just one side, and is up on these little wire loops on each end. I can't describe it very well. But the legs let me push down rather than having to hold it and risk my fingers. (ow....). So that's what works for me! And I would also submit, don't try to do it if your house is cold. The bar will be colder too! I've never tried warming them up, just always done it when its already fairly warm.

Hope some of that helps!

(mine looks like the one THIS GUY is working on.)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothin to do tonight but catch up on old posts...
one post, one shot at a time

Drink pee, wash, grate, fall down, repeat.

Ok got it. Pass the bottle. I'm catchin on tothis spoa,,,sopa,,,soap thing :sick

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Nothin to do tonight but catch up on old posts...
one post, one shot at a time

Drink pee, wash, grate, fall down, repeat.

Ok got it. Pass the bottle. I'm catchin on tothis spoa,,,sopa,,,soap thing :sick
:gig :hugs

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
This is a good one! Love it! The first time I grated Fels, I thought "Wow, this is crazy" but stood there at the table, 4-sided grater in a big ol' bowl, and forged on. I think mine was a bit softer from riding home in a hot car trunk, but it still took a bit of work. I should have bought some vodka! :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to grate this in a food processor? Forgive me if this has already been mentioned...but the Bat got a food processor the other day and it looked real handy for this type of thing. One could do several bars up and store them.

I know they would probably gum together being stored grated but, what if they were left out on a flat surface to harden and then placed in ziplocs? Or grated into shavings instead of crumbles?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Cool! For those still in need of vodka for this procedure, one could just have their food processor on the counter next to their drink mixer of choice and turn them on together! :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Cool! For those still in need of vodka for this procedure, one could just have their food processor on the counter next to their drink mixer of choice and turn them on together! :D
:yuckyuck

Would cold soap be easier to grate like cold cheese?

Latest posts