How To Remove Ink Stains From A Pair of Jeans?

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
Awesome Cleaner from the dollar store may work. I had sharpie marker on my countertop that I tried to remove with everything I could think of...goo gone; alcohol, skin so soft; nail polish remover, gasoline...nothing worked. I was using awesome cleaner on something else and thought what the heck, gave a small squirt and wiped, the sharpie mark was gone instantly.

I also used awesome cleaner to clean a light fixture from a kitchen that hadn't been cleaned in YEARS....greasy, dirty, dustballs, dried up bugs...yak!!! It had a textured surface with lots of little crevices. I sprayed it down good and left it in the sink. Came back a while later...everything had dissolved off, I rinsed well with water, dried and reinstalled....sometimes that awesome cleaner sort of scares me....
I love that stuff.. we use it on the outdoor furniture to get rid of the "black" spots that all that plastic stuff gets.. a squirt of that and a bit of a scrub usually gets it right off if not we add a bit of baking soda and a squirt of the awesome and that really does get the ick off the children's playschool toys and all of the big plastic playground equipment.

But for sharpie- we had to "tattoo" a young man for a play and we used black sharpy so that we did not have to reapply it for the three days other than touch-ups. well it made the shirt he wore(one of my sons) all black in the areas that rubbed on him. My son was not pleased as it was a favorite of his.. so I used fels naphta soap wetted and rubbed on for part of it and Zote soap wetted and rubbed in for another part and both removed the sharpy.. without damaging the shirt(an expensive Hawaiian shirt that was his Grandpas).. it didn't even discolor the dye in the shirt.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"Awesome Cleaner"? That's what the name is? That sounds really..........wait for it..............AWESOME! :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Never heard of that cleaner. Which Dollar Store do you get it at?

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm out now or I would have used it on the shirt and for some reason keep forgetting to get another bottle when at the dollar store.. it is the big chain store called "Dollar Tree" I know that they are all over Michigan but not sure what other states have them..
They are the store I hit up for the small coin type batteries. they have a card of 4 to 5 to 3 depending on the size. The big coin sized one is what my digital scales both use so I keep a few cards of them on hand.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We have Dollar Tree around here. I'll have to check for that cleaner next time I'm in there.

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know how to get sharpie off plastic, Concentrated dish detergent rubbed on it with a little baking soda for abrasive may work. If that doesn't work, I have used an oil like baby oil. It dissolved it instantly. But then you'll have a baby oil stain. If you know how to get that out, give it a try?

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry, I was off for a couple of days...school starting and all. We get Awesome Cleaner at both Dollar Tree and Dollar General. I believe I have also seen it at Family Dollar. We originally got it because it was recommended to take the leaf stains off of the awning on our camper. It worked great. I also use it in my carpet cleaner and it does a great job.