hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hang in there! Getting out of debt is a big deal, I know you can do it.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Fantastic news! I got the call from the Accountant's office... The BF is getting over $6000 back!! :ep:celebrate:ya:weee:weee:weee:ya:ya
That's seriously gonna be me when it hits the accounts! That's gonna knock out one credit card completely, plus the consolidation loan that we had. That frees up almost $300 per month that was going to payments!! I'm SO freaking excited it's not funny!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when she told me! I guess that's one big point for owning your own home, because that's where most of that came from!

In other news, I'm gonna owe about $50.00, unfortunately. But I have a big paycheck coming up for all the extra work I'm going while BO is away, and then I have the extra job so that will help a bit.

Not much else happening, other than more mud. We did get about 3" out of the snow storm that rolled through Saturday afternoon through evening. It was really pretty, but it was gone by Sunday evening except in the extremely shady spots. I wish we could have gotten more, but it is what it is. Supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow, which I guess will be good for getting Storm's feet trimmed. I just hope he behaves since I haven't gotten to do anything with him.

I'm currently pretty much exhausted, and have 2 more weeks of a break neck pace before things go back to normal again. The semi good news is that one of the girls is taking her horse out of the barn, which means I don't have to deal with that horse anymore, which is good, and it means that it should make it easier to do chores. I will be able to go in the morning or evening, it won't matter (though I will have to choose), and while I will have to do 4 stalls instead of 3, I think I'll only have to do stalls 2 days each week. This should be a bit nicer than the way the schedule was. We'll see how it works out anyway.

Not much else happening. Finally got the curtains hemmed in the bedroom so they're hanging. We still have to figure out how the other window is going to work, but I think we have a pretty good idea. I'd like to get that done next weekend, but I guess we'll see how things go. That's about all the news from 'round here.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo - congrats on that big refund BF is getting - hope it makes giant steps toward getting out of debt! That is such a good feeling!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That is a fantastic news about the refund! :woot You are keeping up a crazy pace now, but things are working out and your hard work is paying off. That is good to hear!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Getting out of debt is a good feeling. That $300 a month can go on something else to pay off another bill. That is good news, I know you are working so hard.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! It's an amazing feeling to see a lot of 0 where there were big numbers before!! TWO bills are GONE!!! Of course while I was away the BF went on a shopping spree. I swear he's worse than any woman I know of. He's got some sort of emotional attachment to spending and I wish I could help him sort it out, but I haven't made a whole lot of headway yet. I'll just have to tell him that whatever he spent the money on better be as nice as repairing his jeep cause that's where the money should have gone.

I'm finally recovering from the craziness. I worked about 53 hours in 5 days, but it was good. Most of the people were nice, only a few nasty ones, but not much, and so many wonderful people were helpful and kind. It was fun, but I'm ready to be done for another year. The office move ended up bumpier than I wanted, and Vonage/Comast is STILL been giving us the run around on getting the service switched over. We're going on 2 weeks now since we notified them and they still haven't given us a date or anything else. So we're open at the new location, but they have no phones or internet, which is terrible, but they're hanging in there. It looks beautiful, though, which is exciting. I've clocked an awful lot of hours at strange times helping to get things done and taken care of. But that means the next pay check will be fat, too.

I was a bit irritated at the BF when I got home from the expo on Sunday, he pretty much hadn't done anything in the house the entire time I was gone. He was too busy playing with all the crap he decided to buy while I was away. He did finish making a storage box for us, which is nice, but I swear, I would have rather had a clean kitchen when I walked back in the door. The floor was disgusting from tracking in dirt and not getting vacuumed, and the sink was FULL of dishes, and I had more dirty things that I bought home (like the gross crock pot). The laundry that was washed BEFORE I left was still unfolded. Getting angry at him is useless, it only pushes him away, but sometimes I swear it feels like I'm dealing with a child. There are days when I really question whether or not that is worth it. I love him deeply, but I also don't want to be a maid for the rest of my life, nor do I want to be a mother. That's why I haven't had kids, thank you very much. Not my cup of tea, and I certainly don't want to mother a 30 year old either. Anyway, that's just a little venting.

Otherwise things are good. We only got about 2+" of slushy crap out of that storm. Our power went out Tuesday night about 9;30, but that was before anything had hit! I saw these bright flashes and hear the really odd sound of a transformer blowing, and it startled me so bad. We have very few lights in the bedroom, so I didn't quite connect in my sleepy state that it was the power, and after the 3rd one I shook him awake because I was so scared. He then realized the power was out. Both of us admitted to thinking 'gee, should probably get the stove fired back up' but never did it earlier in the evening, so we crawled out of bed, he called the power company and the recording told him that they were aware of the outage and expected it to be back up again by midnight. Knowing everything they were dealing with from the storm last week (CRAZY winds and power out EVERYWHERE) we decided it was smart to go ahead and get the stove going now before thing cooled off too much just in case it didn't come back on. Since the power had been iffy before, the BF already had several oil lamps ready to go, so we were able to see as we worked. It took us a bit to get the stove going again, I guess we were a bit rusty. He almost put the fire out by smothering the tinder and then we back drafted all the smoke into the house. Oops. After we finally got it rolling we settled back into bed. I had extra blankets out just in case we needed them. I finally fell alseep, and then heard the printer cycle in the office about 1:15 and knew the power was back. We've kept the stove going anyway since it's not really all that warm outside. The sun is trying to be out today, which is nice, and of course I'm in the office today.

Now that I've survived the craziness I'm really ready to focus on my business again. I feel like I've said that a million times. I really need to stop finding excuses and get some stuff done consistently because I need to readjust my income. I want to be in control of how much I make and how often I have to work. I'm tired of this grind it out and burn myself out stuff, it's just not worth it for the return on the investment. It's not sustainable in any way. I have had a couple chats with a coach that I really like, and I think we'd work well together. It's a bigger investment than I'm comfortable making right now, so I'm trying to sort out do I make the investment anyway and then trust that the universe will give me the return, or do I work to make a couple smaller investments first, and then readjust and work up to the bigger investments. I HAVE to replace my computer, and my headset that I use for calls. Both of them are on their last legs. I need to make those investments and don't want to buy junk right now, but I don't have a big budget for it either (read: no budget). Add into that the fact that I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to put up a fence and build a shed (mostly without the BF's help because he's just not interested in having the horse here at all. Grumble grumble).

There's a lot of things I've got to sort out right now. Some moments I feel great, and some moments I'm so frustrated I could scream. I really really need to take the time to do what I know I need to do, which is sit my butt down and meditate again, I haven't done that really consistently in a long time, and I think that's part of my issues. That's just about all there is to it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Men! Sheesh....they can be a challenge sometimes, lol. That's all I'm saying...;)

You've been busy! Lots of stuff going on in your life right now. Hang in there, it'll all eventually fall into place. :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you figure out how to get him to clean up after himself, please share. Because I've been married 7 years and have 2 kids and I'm still cleaning up after mine! Lol

Hope life calms down for you a bit!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have a male friend that LOVES cleaning and I mean obsessively clean. There are a few of them out there, somewhere ;)

Make some "me time" for yourself. Get your head straight, relax and hang in there. Things will work out :hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a saying.......(no offense to you guys out there) Every man is an A-hole. It's just finding which degree of what A-hole you can live with.

And guys, that can certainly work in reverse. Nobody is perfect and we all have our irritating habits that drives our significant other nuts.

hqueen your BF has his good points and bad points. The good must outweigh the bad or you would not put up with the not so dear to you habits.

I have bad habits, my husband has bad habits. We laugh and tell each other to live a long time, cause nobody else would have either of us. LOL LOL