hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks, FEM, it has been pretty good, all in all.
If we could get the Jeep sold it would be an even better week! He was negotiating with a guy who low balled him, and I encouraged him to take it anyway, and the guy even went so far as to text "Tomorrow is my birthday, make me happy" which is just a jerk thing to say. The BF accepted his offer, but then the guy never called yesterday, so he must not have wanted it that bad. I don't even know. I just want it gone because I'm tired of the angsty energy hanging around it. It needs to GO. I have to keep reminding the BF that his sentimentality isn't worth anything to anyone else. He's really struggling hard with that.

In other news, a gal I've worked with before got in touch Tuesday and said her dogs were fighting, and I had enough time yesterday to fit a call in with her. It felt great to be able to help her out and get paid to do it! I haven't sold a session in a long, long time so that was good. The second person got her artwork in the mail, and really likes it. I haven't talked to her since she got it to know how she feels about it now, but she was really happy when she received it. I want to finish one more tomorrow and then get that to my friend that it is for, hopefully next week. We'll see how that goes. I had another call with my business coach yesterday, and that went really well. I'm loving our work together, now I just have to get the money flowing in! I have a couple farm sitting jobs this week so that will help, though it's going to make my schedule crazy for a week. I get to babysit all the chickens again, which is a lot of work, but it's fun for a change. Just pray it doesn't rain much...

Otherwise not much else happening. Just chugging along.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the jeep sells without having to fix it up. Glad that you got to sell a session and that it helped the lady and her dogs. Do you advertise?

hqueen13

Reaction score
LOL, me either FEM!!! I think some of it is the way his dad treated vehicles, and he learned it from him. It was also his first vehicle that he really bought on his own. I'll probably get a bit attached to my current truck since that was the first one I bought all by myself (crazy that I'm this old and finally did that lol), but not THAT attached. LOL When it's time to move it along it will be time to move it along!

It SOLD yesterday!!! He got less than he wanted for it, but I think he still got a really good value out of it. He got almost 1/4 of what he paid for it 12 years ago and 150k less miles. So I think that's a pretty dang good return. He's really struggling, though. I think the fact that he wasn't able to maintain it (lots of rust caught up to it) plus it was his first vehicle has him down. Hopefully he'll snap out of that soon enough.

The good news is that even without that added boost to the budget (it's cash, I'm not even sure if he'll put it into the bank or not...) the mortgage payment is waiting in the accounts and the next one isn't even due until November. The car insurance came out, and since we restructured things it was $128.00 less than I anticipated, so there's a few extra dollars there. And there's basically an extra paycheck between Oct and Nov, so we should have enough money to pay the entire 6 month premium on the car insurance in a lump sum in Oct! I'm SO glad things are finally settling out. I'm also aiming to have the mortgage for the next month by the middle of the previous month if not before then. We are going away in a few weeks, so that will take some funds, but hopefully we can be a little frugal with that, too. The washing machine is really getting bad (the other day it wouldn't do the final spin at all, and so I had to dry the clothes FOREVER lol), so I think we'll probably use some of the extra funds and just get that done.

I also decided that I want to try to get the old wood fired cook stove sold and out of the house before the holidays (or at least before the end of the year). There is also an old record player and a TON of records, I want those gone, too, for whatever price I can get for them. I really want some of the junk that's left in the house that we don't want to disappear. I'm tired of it sitting around taking up space, and I want the cash for it. Now I just have to figure out how to get as much as possible for these pieces to put the cash back in my pocket! So that's my goal is to get that done before the end of the year so that when we have our new years party again those pieces will be GONE and there will be a little more space available.

We got a wood holder started this weekend, though the BF only got it about half done. He also decided that he couldn't reuse the roof the way it was built from the old chicken coop, so he had to go get more lumber in order to fix that. It's supposed to rain ALL week, so he won't get to work on it, I just hope he'll get to finish it this weekend, since we'll be away soon after that. It will be nice to have that because then we can get the piles of wood off of the patio and away from the house. Our neighbor has cut up quite a few pieces of wood and is giving them to us in exchange for the balance of what he owed me for dog sitting for them while they were away. I'm grateful for that even though I would have really liked to have the cash.

@baymule I don't advertise specifically, I do a lot on Facebook mostly, and I have an instagram account. Networking is mostly how I do things, and I'm working with a business coach to ramp up a lot of that stuff as well. The call went great, and her dogs are doing much better!

I exhausted myself this weekend, and this week isn't going to allow for much recovery either. I did way too much Saturday trying to get things cleaned up that were long overdue. Then I had a body work session with DR, she helped work out my ankle which has been bothering me for about 2 weeks after I stepped backwards down off the edge of a stall mat. I had asked her to come over for my appointment so that I could have her show me some things about doing exercises properly, so we played with the pull up bar that I have. Sunday morning I woke up SO sore! Too much work!! Of course, Sunday morning I had to make 3 barn stops and do 6 stalls, and take care of some cats, and a whole ton of chickens. I left the house just after 7 and didn't get home until after 11. And it was raining almost the whole time. I laid down for a few minutes trying to take a nap, but then the people showed up to buy the jeep so I got up again. We went and got some lunch after that, and then I got to take another little nap that afternoon before I had to go back to take care of the chickens again. I didn't get home until almost 8, but thankfully the BF had made home made hamburger helper for dinner, which was really yummy. I was so glad that he had decided to do that.

I've got the chickens all week, which will be really tiring since hoofing feed and water is a lot of work, and I'm not used to that much work. But it's income, so that helps. I'll probably also get a fresh chickens and some eggs out of the deal, which is a good thing, too! Now the trick will be keeping my hours up in the office in between all these chores...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's great on selling the jeep and getting some money ahead. Get yourself a cash stash in the house for emergencies. Don't touch it unless it is a real emergency. It is nice to have something put back, even if you only add $10 or $20 at a time.

Advertising is so fractured and all over the place now, it is hard to know where to put your efforts. Maybe an Instagram or twitter account?

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yes!!
Although, I talked with the BF last night and he wants to hold on to the cash to use for a down payment for a new vehicle for himself. While I appreciate that, I really would rather take some of it and apply towards a couple of the things that we really need right now. I don't want to use all of it either, but it's frustrating to me that he wants to hold onto it. He's stuck in a pattern that isn't very helpful with money and while he's made a LOT of progress, the way he approaches money causes more issues than not.

I'm NOT in a good head space this morning. The self depreciating voices are screaming LOUD in my ears right now, and it is SUPER frustrating. TM hasn't cashed September's check yet for board, and it's the 25th. I don't quite have enough funds to cover everything I need to cover right now in the business, quite a few things which have to be paid out of my checking account. It's super frustrating to have her not get the check in the bank when she whines about needing money so dang bad. Must not need THAT bad if you can't bother to put it into the bank for almost a month. I NEVER let checks sit around that long. Heck, I almost have them into the bank via the app on my phone before I leave the person's driveway! Geez.

I also just messaged her to see what she would charge to cover the barn chores for me instead of having one of the girls trade because right now I'd rather not have to make up any shifts that they cover for me while I'm away. She just got back to me and told me $40. :epFor farm sitting, that would be reasonable, especially for multiple days in a row. For covering co-op chores ONCE while I'm away, that's insane. She doesn't even have to leave her farm, and the chores only take an hour and a half to complete. $40 is WELL above the going rate for barn work (which is generally accepted at $10/hr). Not only that, but I asked her to cover for my farm sitting work for Cowboy and Coyote while I'm gone, too, so she's MAKING more money while I'm away already. She replied to me when I questioned the rate that she got it from the rates that I had set which I shared with her when she was getting her stuff set up. I said yeah, but those rates are there to discourage somebody from just deciding to have me cover their chores, and I always informed people that it was at MY discretion whether or not to actually charge that much. So I guess I'll just work it out with the girls and figure out when I can squeeze the extra chores into my schedule. Really sick of being there, but I guess I'm glad I don't have to deal with Storm at home in the mud right now. It just won't fracking stop raining. Another 1.5" yesterday, and it's raining again this morning.

So not in a great mood this morning. This full moon is a doozy, and with the gray skies on top of everything it's making me quite grumpy.