hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad ya had a good trip. Ten hour car rides are not a lot of fun unless you can take them leisurely and not rushed. I tend to be the one that doesn't want to stop...just want to get to my destination. DH is the one who likes to stop and shop and piddle and sight-see... I need to take a relaxation lesson from him, lol.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I'd like to do both... but if you have 10 hours of drive time, then stopping and taking it easy means the trip could turn into 15! So yeah, I'm with you FEM. I was actually a little amused, the BF stopped for gas right before we got home so that I'd have a full tank this week, and both of us were so tired and ready to be home neither one of us thought about scrubbing the bugs off the windshield. It was BAD the next morning when I headed out, LOL.

Not too much to report. Finally got a new phone last night. I couldn't stand it any more. So that's taken care of. I've only discovered 2 things that didn't make the transfer, so all in all not a big deal. I'm a little bummed, but I can live without them. (One was the billion tabs I had open, and the other was an app that I kept memos in, like grocery lists and such... not a HUGE deal, but a little annoying)

It's pouring here today. I avoided it this morning when I stopped by Cowboy and Coyote's, I hope I can avoid it this afternoon too. I guess we'll see. It's supposed to be CHILLY and windy tomorrow, I'm NOT looking forward to barn chores and moving horses around if it's breezy. Hopefully it won't be bad if I get out there really early. I am looking forward to seeing Storm, so that will be good. The weekend is supposed to be chilly but mostly pretty, so I hope that we can get some things accomplished outside while we have the opportunity. The wood shed needs to be finished so we can load that up, and I'd like to tromp around in our woods and see if we an find the back of our property. My truck also needs a bath to get the rest of the bug guts off of it. I'm looking forward to opening up the windows again, too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My truck also needs a bath to get the rest of the bug guts off of it. I'm looking forward to opening up the windows again, too!
Squirt some liquid soap over the roof and leave it out in the rain :p Glad you guys had a good trip and made it home safe!

hqueen13

Reaction score
LOL @sumi that would be one way to do it! We might get a little more rain tonight into tomorrow morning, but I think that'll be it.

It was CHILLY this morning! It was 59 when I left the house, and it's always chillier on the farm. I had to wear a headband to cover my ears and a long sleeve shirt. I even dug my gloves out of my tack box that I use for trimming Storm's feet to keep my hands covered. The breeze was blowing and it made my hands cold, which when the wind is blowing good it dries them and that makes my skin dry and that hurts. I didn't need them for long, I warmed up good in the barn when I started doing chores, and of course being in the stalls out of the wind. It was nice to be back in the barn, but I still wish he was at home!

When I got up this morning I had planned to eat something before heading out since I was going to be out for a while, but then I remembered that I had a coupon for a Chickfila biscuit! So I ate a banana and headed out of the house, and got all the chores done then went (starving) and grabbed Chickfila for breakfast before heading to the office. I'll be here a while to make up a few more hours since I was away last week. I need the check to stretch 2 1/2 weeks to the end of Oct!

My allergies are still bothering me. I don't know what's going on, but it's really annoying. I've been taking my supplements and finally got extra vitamin C and D again, which usually helps, but it's been a pain. I woke up this morning with a sore throat that seems to be related to post nasal drip overnight, which is really annoying, but it is what it is. I just hope the shift in the weather makes it go away quickly.

Nothing else has changed in 2 days LOL. I ordered a case for my phone off of amazon, which will be good because I'm so nervous I'm going to break it right now! It doesn't fit very well into the belt clip case that I have because it's too loose, so I'm really eager to get the case so it will be protected. Otherwise I think I like the phone, so far anyway. And my BF was able to get back one of the apps I thought I'd lost, with all my info still in it, so that was even more awesome. He's go great!
Ugh. Just sneezed 3 times in a row. Blech.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't have Chick-fil-a here. So sad! I hear it's great. We don't have Krispy Kreme either :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad that you had a good time on your trip and enjoyed yourself. Sometimes you just need a break. Then--back to work! LOL

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll!!
So sad, @NH Homesteader I do love me some Hot-n-Now donuts from Krispe Kreme! It's hard to find them fresh like that anymore, they've closed almost all the stores.

Allergies are still here. Not quite as bad as they were, we've had some rain, which has helped a little. But still here, which is really frustrating me, but not much to be done about it.

The weekend was not bad, it didn't quite flow as I would have liked, but that's alright. Saturday we sort of puttered around a bit, I had to go take care of horses in the morning, so the BF made breakfast and had it ready when I got back. We decided to run some errands, and drive over to my friend's house who was having a yard sale, mostly to say hey. She didn't really have much that we couldn't live without (although I'm going to message her about one thing that I thought about later), and then we decided to grab lunch at a place over that way. They were still serving brunch, so I got biscuits and gravy, which is supposed to be an appetizer, but it was SOOOOO filling. They do really good food, and it was nice to eat there.
We headed to Home Depot after that to pick up some furniture tacks so I can finish the stool that mom and I were working on. She somehow magically helped me get the corners fixed right while we were down in NC (what is it about mom's??) and so now all I need to do is add the tacks and stitch up the fold in the fabric so the cats can't get their bloody claws into it. I can't wait to have it in the living room and use it! I want to get that done this week. (Acutally I kinda really have to because JS is coming this weekend and there's junk all over the guest room that has to go somewhere!) We stopped by Joann's just to see if they had the furniture tacks any better/cheaper (they didn't) and I managed to find an adorable halloween pillow that says "Come Sit a Spell". I've found some awesome decorations this year. We talked about putting out the halloween lights outside, but didn't end up having time.
We got home and the escrow refund check was in the mail YAY!!! So I headed into the office to organize that in the budget, and the BF called and got the 6 month payoff amount for the car insurance so I could crunch some numbers. He went outside to start staining the wood holder so we can actually load it up and use it. With the escrow refund, we were able to have next month's mortgage set aside already, plus pay the car insurance in the 6 month payoff, AND had a little money leftover to spread around! I was SO thrilled!! AND the BF gets paid on Friday, and again on Nov 2nd, which means that I'll be able to set aside another whole mortgage payment before it is due which means we'll be a month ahead on that payment as well! I'm SOOOOOO thrilled about this!! It will make life SO much easier! We will easily be able to set aside enough to cover the next 6 months car insurance (and it will probably be more than will be needed), and we should have enough extra to be able to set some money aside for a bit, and continue to pay down debt. I'm really happy to have everything coming together finally! Of course, my finances are still crazy messy, but anyway...
Sunday morning I got up way later than I wanted to and headed out to do chores. That meant extra messy stalls, which took longer, and so I didn't get home until noon. I was grumpy about that since I had a class that started at 4, and that meant I would have to go take care of cowboy and coyote after my class ended at 7. We decided to go grab lunch and go to BJ's to get a couple things that we needed. Of course a couple things and $100 later we headed home again. My paycheck was pending, and since I had gotten a big check for taking care of cowboy and coyote until the 29th I went ahead and organized my budget. I was hoping the check for the farm sitting would cover all the big bills for next month for my business. It fell a little short, but most of them are already taken care of. I had to remind myself that I still have 2 1/2 more weeks in the month and that lots more money can come in in that time frame! I organized my budget for my personal stuff, and got myself mixed up preparing for next month (that's what I get for planning ahead in my other budget!) and was a little upset that my paycheck didn't cover everything I needed it to. (This morning when I got to the office and discovered I had allotted money towards bills that aren't due until the beginning of next month I was able to reshuffle things and get everything covered!).
I soaked in the tub for a bit and then took a shower after that, and then got ready for my class. The BF agreed to cook dinner and bring it to me while I was in my workshop, which was really sweet of him (I don't think he wanted to, but he did it anyway). My class ended about 6:30, which was a little earlier than expected, which was nice because I was able to head back down to take care of cowboy and coyote and got back home by 7:30. The BF made a coffee milkshake out of the leftover coffee from my brunch (it was decaf!) which was super yummy, and we relaxed on the couch for a bit before we finally crashed. I did not sleep good, mostly because we had the heat on since it was cold earlier and then it got WAY too hot overnight. It's gray and rainy again today, which isn't helping my mood at all. I also realized that the next 2 weeks the only down time that I will have to work on my business stuff at home will be Wednesday afternoons. My fridays will be sucked away with JS here this weekend and KN here next weekend. That doesn't make me very happy, but it is what it is. I avoided getting wet this morning, so that's a good thing!
SO busy week, next few weeks, really... hopefully it won't be too crazy.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Paying bills. :tongue It never goes away. When we have a surprise big spend money thing come up, I have to budget carefully until I can balance everything out again. Phooey.