hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have sunshine today. Supposed to get some more rain, that's fine with me. I have sand, no mud! I do need to get the coop built for the silkie trio, so I can get the guineas off the porch and into the little A frame coop that the silkies are in. Silkie coop is next #1 project.

The way you run from place to place, then all the stuff you do at the barn, and she wants to take your head off on doing your chores! I hope you can get your fence built and a barn for Storm soon.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. :hugs
I was just plain grumpy Monday, turns out it was a doozy of a full moon, and I was pms'ing but of course didn't figure that out until late in the day. Not that it would have made a whole lot of difference to be aware of that earlier, LOL.

Got to the office this morning after doing chicken chores in muddy chicken crap and then doing horse chores in absolute muddy slop trying to get hay out to their feeder and discovered I didn't bring a change of clothes. On a day when I ACTUALLY have meetings. With like outside people. :th
This week has just not been my week. Thankfully I at least wore a semi-decent babydoll cut tshirt instead of a skimpy tank top or something. It rides a bit short (and my jeans are riding a bit low) so I'll just wear my fleece jacket all day to cover that up...

I had a great time hanging with friends yesterday, they even helped me get rid of a tension headache in my neck. It tried to come back last night in the middle of the night, but I managed to make it go away before I woke up again which was a relief. I knew I would have a REALLY hard time getting through the day if it wasn't gone before I got up.

I reconciled my budget since I get paid tomorrow, and I'm ok. Not great, but ok. There's enough for groceries and gas and so I should be good until the middle of the month again. The key will be jamming as many hours as I can in around my trip so that I don't lose out being out of the office for2 days. If I can sustain this then I might be able to catch up just a bit. Hopefully things will keep going in that direction. I also hope that I can ask my boss for a raise today, even though I'm in barn clothes, LOL. We'll see. I worked out a deal with a new company for phone system coverage that's going to save us about $500 per month, so that should be some kind of leverage.... We'll see anyway. Fun times.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bills cost so much. Add several together and Poof! Your paycheck is gone. As you get things paid off, it gets better and you can save some money. Debt is a stone hanging around your neck. Buying a home is a major event, but paying it off is a bigger event! LOL LOL

That's funny about going to work in your barn clothes! I can relate to that. I used to keep my rubber boots in the car, so I could swoop by after work and feed the horses. All dressed up, hoping I didn't splatter mud on my dress, in rubber boots sliding around in the mud and toting the feed bucket. I am SO glad I can just walk outback and feed my horses now. It sure makes life easier and it will make your life easier when you can bring Storm home!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you're catching up on the financial stuff. Bay is right - try your best to save something! Even if it's just change in a jar that you roll and cash in once a year. It all adds up! Back when I was young and poor we'd do that all year long and then cash it in before Christmas. It helped! Now, I'm super selfish with saving....I guess its because I want to retire - that is a great incentive to put money away!!

Hope you can convince the boss to give you that raise! :fl

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. Money can be really difficult sometimes, and it is even more challenging to feel good about it when the paychecks barely cover everything.

Had a pretty good weekend, though I don't feel like I got as much done as I would have liked.
Friday KN was here, and the weather finally broke. It was GORGEOUS. Ferried her around to lessons, and finished up my barn chores. Got a text really late Friday night that SR was home so I wouldn't have to go to the chickens in the AM. I was a little annoyed because I had left all the feeders and waterers to refill in the morning when I got back and I felt bad. I never like leaving a lot of stuff to do when someone comes home because I know how challenging it is when you get home again! But it meant I could sleep an hour later in the morning!

Got up Saturday and headed to the barn for Storm's lesson. He was in a great frame of mind, and so KN was able to get on and ride almost right away. He did really well and was putting a lot of effort into balancing himself. She was walking me through her process as she was riding, and we discovered that he needed thinking breaks to stand still and process the changes he was trying to make. After she gave him the first break, which he stood stock still for a very long time, he then stopped himself and took a break a few times, which was really cool to see him recognize that he could stop if he needed to. She rode a bit longer before I got on, and I feel like I have no idea what happened, but it was a good ride. I finished up with that, and cleaned everything up and turned him out and then headed by the farm to collect payment from SR and fill him in on details of things that happened while he was away. We checked the rain gauge and there was 4 1/4" of rain from the time he left. That's excessive!!! He paid me the full agreed upon amount even though he left me have 2 dozen eggs and a chicken plus came home one feeding early. I was very grateful!

I headed home and then the BF and I made a dump run, and then came back home. I was really tired so I mostly lazed around the rest of the day, even though I had plenty that I would have liked to get done. We ended up ordering a pizza for dinner, which I didn't really want to do, but such is life.

Sunday morning I headed back to the barn for chores, and felt like I was moving so slow. I finally got everything done and got back home again. The BF was trying to get the wood holder finished up (or at least completed as far as we were going to go right now), and so we ate lunch and finally decided to divide and conquer. I went to BJ's for groceries and he went back to Depot for more lumber. I got home and put everything away and he got back and we finished up the wood holder. It looks really good, and there isn't a whole lot left to do other than add the boards to the back of it, and then add a little overhang on the front. It looks good, and should hold quite a lot of wood. I hope it will be enough for a season, but we'll see how far that goes. I'll just be glad to get the stacks of it off of the patio!

I came back in and soaked in the tub and then we made burgers for dinner, eaten on bread because we didn't have buns. It worked. We relaxed for a bit and then headed to bed to crash.

I've only got a few days before we leave town and I'm feeling the pressure now. I was hoping to get more done this weekend, but it was also one of those things that I was debating because if I clean it too far in advance then it won't be clean when we leave. So I fretted a lot over it and couldn't decide what to do and ended up doing not much at all. So I'll have to get it done this week. We'll see how that goes!

hqueen13

Reaction score
This beautiful weather has been so nice!!

Despite feeling crampy yesterday, I was able to get some stuff done when I got home from work. I managed to get 2 loads of clothes folded, I got the front of my truck vacuumed out again to get the chicken crap out of it for the trip, got the dish washer unloaded, and put a few other things away before the BF got home. After he got home, he changed the oil in my truck, while I vacuumed the mud out of the back of his truck from going to the dump this weekend. We had JUST cleaned the vehicles and I didn't want that dirt to sit there and get ground into the back of his truck again like it was last time!

Not much else to report. Still working on getting everything done before we leave later this week. My brain is going in a thousand different directions right now, which is annoying, but it is what it is. I did manage to get the financial tracking stuff for September completed, and it's only the 2nd of the month! Yay! I knew if I didn't do it today while I was in the office that I wouldn't get it done until after we got home and by the time I had enough time to settle down and do it, it would be the middle of the month. I don't like waiting that long, I've made that mistake too many times (several months past due in fact... which isn't good at all!). Glad that's checked off for the month again. I've claimed over $11,000.00 worth of miles thus far this year. That's NUTS. And I've still got 3 more months to go, with holiday travel still ahead. We'll see where I end up totaling up to.

So this afternoon I've got to run to the store before I take care of the evening chores for Cowboy and Coyote, and then I'll try to do a few more things when I get home. Tomorrow will be lots of errands and such getting ready to go since it'll be one of my last free days before the trip. Hopefully I can manage to get lots of stuff done. I'm borrowing my friend's washer and dryer so that I can get the towels and the blanket on our bed washed before we leave. I don't trust our washing machine, and the washer couldn't handle the blanket anyway. Hmm, I wonder if her machine is big enough to do ALL of it at once... I don't know that I should do that. I guess we'll see.

Now I'm down to the wire with food, too. I don't want to go shopping for much, but we need to eat before we leave, LOL. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of junk, but I think we can stretch things a little bit. We'll see how it goes anyway. The BF's coworker gave him some green peppers, so I'm going to attempt stuffed peppers if my mom will ever send me her recipe. I think it is simple, I don't want anything too complicated, especially since I realized I forgot to get ground beef out this morning anyway. I'd like to use them before we go, otherwise I'll be taking them and giving them to my sister when we go down! I know she'll come up with a way to use them.

I'm SUPER enjoying our weather right now. It's been beautiful, and I've had the windows open for several days. I hope it sticks around!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Totally jealous of your nice weather - but glad somebody is getting it! Hope you get everything lined out before the trip and have a totally great time!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks FEM, hope your weather improves soon!!

We had gorgeous weather for the trip, warmer than the average temps for this time of year, but also no rain even though there was a 50% chance on Saturday afternoon, and in the mountains it's highly likely that it will! We had a fantastic time at the Chihuly exhibit at Biltmore, and were able to see it both at night and during the day. We got to spend time with my parents, and see the house they're building, and lots of time with my sister and her husband and kids. And we got to relax, and drive the Blue Ridge some and go walk to a waterfall, too. It was delightful, and I'm just bummed I'm home again, LOL. I slept great in our own bed last night, though. We got home at about 6 after a really long 10 hours in the car. That's the part that is no fun at all. We did manage to get all the clothes at least into the washer (one load all the way through, the second load in the washer before we crashed into bed). We just threw a frozen pizza into the oven for dinner so that was easy. I'll have to buy my lunch today, and then we'll go out tonight because we have our dental appointments tonight. Nothing says welcome home like a dentist appointment. I'll catch some extra hours in the office today because my appointment isn't until 5:30 so I can stay a while longer which is helpful for the pay check! We didn't over spend as much as I feared, either, which is awesome. We did buy a few things, but not as much as some trips. And the fact that my parents paid for all our meals when we were out was really sweet, too, and helped to keep us in budget!

So that's about all that's happening around here. Now I just need to get back into the swing of things again.