hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better our HIGH for thanksgiving is 13, and low overnight of 1. Yes, 1 degree in November.

Hope you both feel better soon!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll. Very grateful for my "family" here, ya'll listen to me rant and rave and hear the annoying parts of my life. I've really come to enjoy your company over the years (geesh, it's been a long time, hasn't it!)
Back at you :hugs I don't talk much here, but I enjoy reading your updates and it's great to hear things are going so well for you guys financially now. Here's hoping it will keep improving!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
LOL, you can keep it @NH Homesteader We'll get there eventually, I'm not ready for it yet!

Good grief, it was 16 overnight from Thursday night to Friday morning at the barn. I wore my bibs! Sunday it was in the 40's and I only had on jeans and a sweatshirt. I even had to take my hat off I was getting so warm! Of course, in between, on Saturday we got 2" of rain.

The poor BF brought home equipment on Friday so that he could work on the driveway over the weekend. That didn't happen since it rained so dang much on Saturday it was a mud pit. Sunday he decided to go to the range with his brothers and shoot, and then his dad came over and brought a load of wood and pipes to move the shed with. He was irritated that the BF wasn't home. I was like whatever. Then after his dad left, his uncle showed up with his bobcat on a trailer, and so I got to talk to him for a while. He unloaded the bobcat, and decided to park it in a spot where it was behind the rest of the vehicles, but to get it there, he had to move it through part of the dirt, which was also part of the dirt that was in a lower spot so I knew it was going to be really soupy. I warned him that it was going to be really soft. He just says, naaa won't bother the machine. I said I know it won't bother the machine, but it's going to be really really soft. He drives the machine in, cutting huge furrows with the tracks, and then had to attempt to smooth it back out again. He climbs out of the machine and says It's SO soft! I was like Yaaaaa, what did I tell you?! Did you not think I knew enough cause I was a girl, or were you over estimating your machine?! Good grief. The BF and his brothers got home right as his uncle was getting ready to leave. Our friends invited us out for dinner that night, which was really nice, and it was so great to see them.

Thanksgiving itself (to back track... LOL) was nice, though I spent most of it napping, and then not feeling great at dinner. My stomach got upset afterwards, and I have no idea if it was the dinner or what. We left pretty early from that, too.

This cold is really taking its good ol sweet time getting out of here. I'm still having coughing fits in the middle of the night, which is so frustrating. I have to sleep with the covers half off to stay cool enough that I don't start coughing, which is really annoying since I like to be wrapped up good. I'm feeling fine, now, it's just that I can't breathe as well as I should and I have coughing fits, mostly at night.

Today is the BF's birthday, and I got a coupon for a really nice restaurant so we're going out to dinner tonight. It should be a lot of fun. He always gets depressed around his birthday, so he's a bit of a bear to deal with, but hopefully he'll move on again soon.

Tomorrow I have nothing in my schedule, and I'm THRILLED. I'm going to take it easy, and sleep in, and then try to catch up on some business stuff, and do some things that are good for me! I can't believe it's almost December... I don't know quite how that happened. I'm so not ready for the holidays!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to add, the BF did steam clean the carpets on Sunday morning. That was a really helpful thing! We don't have much carpet, just the living room and hallway, and we haven't really deep cleaned it since we moved in, so that was a good thing to get done. We also managed to get the bedroom and bathroom really cleaned, which was desperately needed since it hadn't happened since before we got sick. It feels much nicer to sleep in a clean bedroom without dust everywhere! I still need to clean the basement, the poor chinchilla's cage is really bad. I think I can manage to get that done tomorrow, though, so that will be good!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to B'friend! Ya'll have been accomplishing a lot...carpet cleaning and dirt moving. Having a new house is so much fun!

Latest posts