Hubby needs prayers *Neurosurgen Appt. Tomorrow*

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Oh, Quail. Lots of hugs :hugs and prayers for you and your hubby. My dad had degeneritve disc disease and pretty much the same situation as your DH. He had surgery over 30 years ago. Since, he still had some back pain, but nothing that ever kept him down. He is 83 now.

I hope everything will be OK. Take care of him.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
My dh had lumbar surgery years ago, although it was for herniated lumbar discs and not degenerative. The disc "popped" while he was moving some basketballs in the garage. He let it go until it was pressing on the sciatic nerve. He'd lose feeling in his legs and fall to the ground. That was pretty scary for me.

We are praying for you QA! Praying is the best we can do. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I appreciate that you are all taking time to pray for my handy dandy DH, even though you haven't really met him. Makes a person feel good knowing so many people care.

Sorry, Ladies, but it looks like I am not able to contract him out.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh honey... :hugs I hope the doctors are able to help him. My granny has degenerative disc and they are now sending her to the chiropractor in the hopes that it will help. They are amazed that she is still able to walk. You have lots of prayers on your side and we are all wanting things to be okay! Thinking about you and praying for you...

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I only just read this. Is he in any less pain today?
Will say a prayer for both of you. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
hoosier said:
I only just read this. Is he in any less pain today?
Will say a prayer for both of you. :hugs
He's doped up on pain meds today, so not in less pain, just not feeling the pain.

I got quite a bit done today, actually. Finally went and renewed my driver's license, got DH some elastic waist pants and pj shorts that he likes because he's so swollen he can't button/zip his pants. He was sitting with a blanket draped over him all day. So, got him those and 2 new t-shirts as well.

While I was at the BMV I was telling the lady about DH being on bedrest and going to the dr. come Tuesday. She gave me an app for a handicap plaque for DH and said ask his dr if he needs this and if the dr feels he does they'll write a script for it and I take it to the BMV and they'll give us a plaque for the car.

I also got ahold of SSI and gave them a real piece of my mind for jerking DH around for 3 years. Finally they said please hold and when they came back they scheduled an over the phone interview with DH. So they will be calling back and doing that in a week.

THEN I got ahold of the snazzy lawyer that is working with us to get DH on disability and she took more info for us and is sending out something for the dr to fill out on Tuesday.

Was a pretty busy day, but I feel good about what I got done. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aly, sounds like you are taking control of the show! You did indeed get a lot done! I'm amazed sometimes at just how you manage all those kids and animals...and now a sick hubby. Are you using heat and/or ice on his back?

I hope this nudges SS into accelerating his case. Good timing on your part to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Still praying for your family.... :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Just read this (hadn't had computer access) and wanted to send a prayer your way!
I hope your DH is feeling a bit better and that this will soon be taken care of!

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm just reading this, too. Hope things are better today.
Know that I'll pray for your husband and his drs. and for you, too.