Hubby needs prayers *Neurosurgen Appt. Tomorrow*

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone.

This morning his dad came down and asked him to go with him to get water! :smack I sent him out on his ear.

This evening my step dad came over and brought us a truck load of firewood!! We only had a couple days of wood left and I wasn't sure where I was going to get more. That was definitely a WONDERFUL surprise.

My mom is on her way over now, we're going to have a spaghetti dinner. I told them I'd feed them dinner for bringing us the firewood, which was such a blessing! Mom's also bringing me eggs for my 'bators!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy tought for you and your husband. My fil had to have things fused and a metal plate added. They can fix anything nowadays, it will get better. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
"E" has a Dr. Appointment tomorrow at 3pm. After his appt with his Dr. he has an MRI scheduled for 4:30pm. They are moving it along faster than originally anticipated because he is now having some other issues caused by the back issues.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and good wishes.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Everything went well. They will have the MRI results in 2-3 days and our Dr. is hoping to get this surgery done soon. Like in the next couple weeks.

NOT that invasive, either! They are anticipating that he will only need an over night hospital stay, and be able to return to normal activities in 4-6 months! Including returning to working a regular job!! DH was thrilled (really he was!) and kept telling the dr., "That's all I want to do, get better so I can work a job and take care of my family and do the farm stuff!" Our Dr told him as long as he gives himself the proper amount of time to heal, then there is NO reason why he can't do all that!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is great news!!!

Tell him to pay attention to the words "proper time to heal". Our neighbor didn't and he has suffered the consequences.

jackiedon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You and your husband is in my prayers. I feel for him on the pain I had a ruptured disc in my neck and a 20 month old and a 3 yr old and a husband that worked nights. Labor pains were nothing compared to that pain and no meds helped.

praying for him,

jackie

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
He is feeling good. Not much pain (they upped his dosage on meds, so I am sure that is the reason) plus I am not letting him do much except hold a chair down and walking outside 2 times daily with assistance. That's only because he doesn't like being cooped in the house, and if I don't take him outside he'll drive ME nuts. So it's once out to the chickens and then the goats, and he talks to them while I feed everyone.