Hubby needs prayers *Neurosurgen Appt. Tomorrow*

Farmer Kitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Everything went well. They will have the MRI results in 2-3 days and our Dr. is hoping to get this surgery done soon. Like in the next couple weeks.

NOT that invasive, either! They are anticipating that he will only need an over night hospital stay, and be able to return to normal activities in 4-6 months! Including returning to working a regular job!! DH was thrilled (really he was!) and kept telling the dr., "That's all I want to do, get better so I can work a job and take care of my family and do the farm stuff!" Our Dr told him as long as he gives himself the proper amount of time to heal, then there is NO reason why he can't do all that!
Great news!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Realized I hadn't updated this..DH has been feeling good. As long as he takes his pain meds on time, he's not feeling too much pain. He is REALLY sore right now after having chased down that calf on Monday, and he managed to mess up his hip somehow.

He sees the neurosurgeon March 20 and his surgery will be sometime after that.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
So glad to hear that your Dh's back problems ca be fixed and that he will be able to work again soon. What a releif it must be to your family:>) Will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thought I would update ya'll on hubby.

He sees the neurosurgeon tomorrow, but I won't be with him when he goes to his appt which has me quite ticked off. (long story) So his dad is taking him.

Not sure when surgery will be at this point.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh jeesh Quail! I am soooo sorry DH is haveing back problems. Sounds like the Dr will get him "right as rain" in no time. You all have my prayers.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Prayers for you and the family, QA! My dh had lumbar surgery in 2002 for herniated discs. He hasn't had any problems since. I pray your dh's surgery is as successful. :hugs

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will think of your family in my meditation. Hope everything turns up well.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope all goes well tomorrow. Be sure to let us know when the surgery is.