1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Help this member, He is in the Kitchen! - Discussion Threads
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

I Am A Seed Hoarder

Discussion in 'Gardening On Your Homestead' started by baymule, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Jan 11, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

You're right, she's not!! :lol: Just "sounded" good.

I'd like to start seed but, storm front coming in with poss snow. :( I'll be busy with chores. At least I already moved all of Monday work to Wed, so if bad roads I am home. :D

Hey, I can sort thru seeds, AGAIN.

baymule likes this.
  2. Jan 11, 2019
    Rammy

Rammy Lovin' The Homestead

Dang! Thier on to me! :hide
    Ive been looking at my seeds and am not nearly that bad but am looking to order some more seeds this weekend. :huGot some more cardboard to lay down if its not too windy. :bowMight get some lime to put down first then the board.
    Found an ad on CL for free wood chips. Might go load up the truck this weekend. :clap

baymule likes this.
  3. Jan 13, 2019 at 3:10 PM
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

Looking a my seeds I'm like "what were you thinking?" It's an array of everything I think would be so, so good. This is a testament to eating well but, also sampling things, new varieties, all that. :rolleyes:

Since it's raining, I'm off work, it has come to mind that I need to decide WHAT I eat & need to plant. Well, that list is way less than what I have. OK, tomatoes -- but I have about 12 varieties. Squashes -- again, several types. This is something I need to control :D Plus, what do I actually eat? How much does one person need? Decision, decisions. I have charts to give you an idea of production per plant, just back to what do I truly want/need/use. Seems I need some areas of intensive planting with one or two plants so I can produce and then decide if that is a keeper.

Like many/most gardeners, I want it all!! :idunno I need help in the garden....I'm getting cardboard from stores I work. Need weed control -- see that already. My kids aren't interested.

baymule and Rammy like this.
  4. Jan 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Thanks for the reminder, I have tons of moving boxes, i suppose I could use them for weed control! Into the shed they go!

baymule, Mini Horses and Rammy like this.
  5. Jan 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Almost Self-Reliant

Every season, I end up bringing home several truck loads of cardboard. I use it to smother poison ivy, under the BTE mulch in the orchard, in the garden paths, where ever I'm smothering existing vegetation before expanding the sheet compost beds. A good place to score cardboard in huge pieces is an appliance warehouse.

Rammy likes this.