I Am A Seed Hoarder

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now playing.....The Thing that came from the Garden.......:ep

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I research things to death before I plant them. I don't want to unleash a runaway toxic plant on my place.

My MIL offered me a pretty little herb plant: Rue. After researching it, I took it back to her. Some folks have reactions to the sap that is similar to a poison ivy reaction. and the plant is highly invasive if it goes to seed.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love zucchini. Every year, I go into panic mode. Will 2 hills be enough? How bout 4? Last year, the zukes I planted in the garden died from some virus, while the Butternut planted right beside them thrived. Thankfully, I never put all of my zukes in the same spot, and had some healthy plants in the sheet compost area.

On the other hand, hubby despises zucchini. Never misses an opportunity to insult the poor mis-understood vegetable. Thankfully, he's not involved in the garden planning, prep, planting, maintenance, or harvest. Otherwise, i've no doubt that the zucchini would suffer mysterious death or disappearance.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a virus on my squash last year - mosaic I think? I would love to have some zucchini that survives this year. But - I did find two bags of grated zucchini in my freezer when I was cleaning it a couple weeks ago! I need to make some zucchini cake/patties out of it. YUM!

I want some broccolini this year...had it a couple years ago and it's delish.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got my 1,000 count 42mm peat pellets last Friday, haven't been able to catch a moment to start planting cole crops yet. Maybe this weekend.

I like zucchini too. I make zucchini candy, zucchini/frozen Welch's grape juice fruit roll ups, zucchini imitation apple cobbler, zucchini bread and put it in a variety of soups. I freeze grated zucchini for winter time zucchini bread and I put it in chili too.