I am the Goodwill Goblin.

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love to make bread and doing all the work that comes with it! But today I found a bread machine for $3. I've kinda been wanting one just to see the difference. So I got it. I love the fact that I can just walk away and bread is being made! Oh and Im really excited about the delay start idea! $3 wasnt too bad right? West Bend is that a ok brand?

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How exciting! I'm always seeing bread machines here, but never get one. My mom and MIL have both offered me theirs, I just haven't made the trip up there to get it.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
My wife loves making bread from scratch, but a couple of months ago, a friend gave her a bread machine. She absolutely loves it.

She still makes bread from scratch 75% of the time, however when we have a lot of other things to do, out comes the bread machine. It is a great time saver.

hsm6kids

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My father-in-law knows I make bread every day so last weekend he found a bread machine at a yard sale and bought if for me. I think the only down fall in my case is it takes about 2 to 3 loaves of bread a day for my family and it takes 3 hrs. a loaf in the bread machine so mine would have to be going all day. I do like it for cinnomon raisen bread in the mornings, I can start a loaf when my husband leaves for work and its ready when the kids get up for breakfast. I would like to find some more morning/breakfast type recipes for it because it dose make breakfast go smoother.
$3.00 is a great deal, I think my FIL payed 10 for mine and I thought that was a great deal.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You can use it for all doughs too. Just put all your ingredients in set the dough cycle & walk away & do other things, then come back & finsih whatever it is you will be making, rolls, pizza dough, buns, cinnamon rolls, etc. Plus it is a shorter cycle. I use it like that all the time. Although my garlic bread yesterday was a big flop & I have no clue as to why. Oh well it was still edible.
I am on my second machine(I wore the first one out). This one I got off freecycle. I had to call the company to get a booklet for it but the price was unbeatable. Although $3 & $10 are good prices for them too.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We use our bread machine mostly for pizza dough and banana bread...very simple. Some machines even have a timer where you can set it to start during the night then have fresh, warm bread come sunrise.

We see many machines at yard sales, but a lot are missing the blade that spins on the bottom. DH starting checking them to see if its there, just out of curiosity.

Have fun with it!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
TX Honky said:
I love to make bread and doing all the work that comes with it! But today I found a bread machine for $3. I've kinda been wanting one just to see the difference. So I got it. I love the fact that I can just walk away and bread is being made! Oh and Im really excited about the delay start idea! $3 wasnt too bad right? West Bend is that a ok brand?
West Bend is a good brand and For $3 is awesome! I like my bread machine when I make 1-2 loaves. But, for more, I just pop it in the oven.

Years ago, I used my bread machine alot when I first got it. After that, it was stored in the cabinets in the garage. When I did start making bread again, I remembered; Hey, I have a bread machine!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
WOW! Great find!

I have always wanted to try a bread machine, but not too thrilled with shelling out money to get one. :p

I think for $3, I would have snatched it up, too!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love my West Bend Bread machine. I have had it for years. The other 2 brands I had were not as good.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I got my like-new Regal Kitchen Pro bread machine at a local volunteer fire dept's auction. The bidding was fierce (started at $1) but I won out at $7! :D

I only use the machine to mix and knead the dough. I tried having the machine bake the bread, but I just wasn't satisfied with the results. I bake the bread in the oven. My machine will make two 1# loaves. If I need more than 2 loaves, I also make bread using my Kitchen Aid mixer. So I can put 4 loaves in the oven at once.

I've had this bread machine for 4 years. I don't know how old it was when I got it at the auction, but the book and mixing bin were pristine. It still works like a charm every week.

Latest posts