I am the Goodwill Goblin.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I love mine too! Whether I use to bake bread or just mix and rise dough to bake another way, I couldn't live without it! You did great. :cool:
I'm headed to Salvation Army Friday morning if I don't get called to work. Hope I find a deal as good as that!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I went to GW today. Found a bread machine for $6, but I didn't get it. I already have one. I did buy a couple of shirts, tho'. One is a UT Vol shirt. But, depending on Saturday, it may become a dust cloth. :lol:

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Might as well go ahead and make it into a dust cloth now ;) Jk, they might have a chance. I can never find Alabama shirts here in the thrift stores, and I'm in the middle of tuscaloosa. Go figure.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
Might as well go ahead and make it into a dust cloth now ;) Jk, they might have a chance. I can never find Alabama shirts here in the thrift stores, and I'm in the middle of tuscaloosa. Go figure.
It'll be a good game to watch. I'll probably be watching alone, tho' since my DH or DS doesn't like football. :rolleyes:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We went to the local Goodwill yesterday. They had a West Bend bread machine for $6 in pretty good condition. We also saw a Mirro pressure cooker for $12. When I opened the box, the thing looked brand new and never used. However, the gasket and valve were missing. I told the manager I'd give her $5 for it, but she said since it was new and still in the original box, she couldn't reduce the price. DUH!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
keljonma said:
We went to the local Goodwill yesterday. They had a West Bend bread machine for $6 in pretty good condition. We also saw a Mirro pressure cooker for $12. When I opened the box, the thing looked brand new and never used. However, the gasket and valve were missing. I told the manager I'd give her $5 for it, but she said since it was new and still in the original box, she couldn't reduce the price. DUH!
Obviously she had no clue! Replacement parts are not cheap.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Homesteadmom, This particular Goodwill store is ALWAYS over priced on house hold goods if they are new and still in the original box. I asked the manager if she knew that the pressure cooker was useless with out the valve and gasket; her reply was "it is new and still in the box! It totally baffles me! The bread machine was in good shape, but I already have one, and don't knead (haha) another.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Our local goodwills are way over priced, too. Once in awhile we can find a good bargain, but for what they are asking for clothes now, my DH said you might as well buy clothes new!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Homesteadmom, This particular Goodwill store is ALWAYS over priced on house hold goods if they are new and still in the original box. I asked the manager if she knew that the pressure cooker was useless with out the valve and gasket; her reply was "it is new and still in the box! It totally baffles me! The bread machine was in good shape, but I already have one, and don't knead (haha) another.
Good pun!:lol:
I actually would love to have either a Zo machine or one that makes 2 loaves. But feeding tha animals takes away extra fringe money, which in return gives us something back too(food mainly). I got a rice steamer at a thrift store & brown rice just does not do well in it & we don't eat white rice anymore so it is going in my yard sale pile. So not so much of a good bargin for me but a t least I will get something back out of it.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also use my bread machine to just let the dough knead and rise. But the problem is that you only make a loaf at a time. I never thought to get a second machine. But what I have done is let it go through the first mix knead cycle take it out and let it rise in a bowl punch it down and shape it while I start a second loaf.