I am the Goodwill Goblin.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
cackle said:
I also use my bread machine to just let the dough knead and rise. But the problem is that you only make a loaf at a time. I never thought to get a second machine. But what I have done is let it go through the first mix knead cycle take it out and let it rise in a bowl punch it down and shape it while I start a second loaf.
Cackle, what size is your machine? I use my bread machine for mixing and kneading the dough also. My machine makes a 2 pound loaf, so I get two 1 pound loaves into the oven.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
keljonma said:
cackle said:
I also use my bread machine to just let the dough knead and rise. But the problem is that you only make a loaf at a time. I never thought to get a second machine. But what I have done is let it go through the first mix knead cycle take it out and let it rise in a bowl punch it down and shape it while I start a second loaf.
Cackle, what size is your machine? I use my bread machine for mixing and kneading the dough also. My machine makes a 2 pound loaf, so I get two 1 pound loaves into the oven.
I have had it for so many years I really don't know. It take 2 cups of flour and makes 1 large loaf. I did find the other day if I take out after the 15 minute mix and knead process I can make a 3 cup recipe.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My bread machine was a gift from my brother probably 20 years ago. Only Seiko brand bread machine I have ever seen. I guess I really should invest in a 2 pound machine. Then I could make 2-3 loafs at a time using 2 machines.

My problem is storage. I just bought a turkey fryer that I have no idea where I am going to store. Another machine would mean another place I have to find to put it.

OH well I know I will give in and go to Goodwill looking..

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Cackle try posting on freecycle for a bread machine that is where i got my second one(first one died). It was hardly used.

Latest posts