I can answer your baking questions! Let share fun recipes!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mmmmm, keto cheesecake!

I think this recipe below is diabetic-friendly if you use Swerve. Its the only decent keto-friendly cookie I've found. I like them best as a jam thumbprint with homemade no sugar added jam.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bananas and most non-berry fruits and oats are not diabetic friendly. One banana and one cup of Oatmeal each contain many carbs (~27). Just saying from years of experience.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm. The recipe link states 18g of carbs per cookie. That is not good for people trying to reduce carbs to manage diabetes without meds and insulin.

Something like this is a better option. My 2 cents, your mileage my vary.

Ohhhhh, oops! :hide I never have had to bake sugar free/gluten free/anythign with a diet, I am not great on answering questions abbot that! Lol! Sorry!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Mmmmm, keto cheesecake!

I think this recipe below is diabetic-friendly if you use Swerve. Its the only decent keto-friendly cookie I've found. I like them best as a jam thumbprint with homemade no sugar added jam.

Oh oh oh. Those look so easy. I have an almond meal cookie recipe I use as a crust, too

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, oops! :hide I never have had to bake sugar free/gluten free/anythign with a diet, I am not great on answering questions abbot that! Lol! Sorry!
If you can master keto baking, people pay ridiculous prices for that stuff. Maybe a little side business? Keto baking ingredients are fickle and difficult to work with, but I think you have the ability to figure out how it all works.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you can master keto baking, people pay ridiculous prices for that stuff. Maybe a little side business? Keto baking ingredients are fickle and difficult to work with, but I think you have the ability to figure out how it all works.
I have a "small business" with baking cakes for people. I bake a lot of birthday cakes, and my first wedding cake a little bit ago! I do it all Organic, all natural and as non-GMO as I can. I NEVER use unnatural food dies. I only use the natural ones, and before I knew they existed, it was a lot harder to die foods when you have to use beets! I love baking, and maybe I will look into vegan, and all of that!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mmmmm, keto cheesecake!

I've made these. I put almond extract in them, they were good!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Okay, Did you use the spoon and level method with the dry ingredients? That is important. I can link an article to what it is if you don't know, that i what I am here for! 😊
My cooking and baking methods are not precise. LOL LOL My granddaughter likes to bake and she carefully measures everything, I eyeball it and toss it in. She is horrified! Mine comes out as good as her's does! :plbb

That is neat that you have a small baking business. Keto baked goods are the "thing" now and while it takes some effort to make, and more effort to make some of it to taste like real food, If you can pull it off, people will buy it.

We usually go on a diet the first of the year, lose 10 pounds, then go back to our slovenly ways...... :lol: Keto actually works and the recipes are better than most imitation diet food.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I ahv
My cooking and baking methods are not precise. LOL LOL My granddaughter likes to bake and she carefully measures everything, I eyeball it and toss it in. She is horrified! Mine comes out as good as her's does! :plbb

That is neat that you have a small baking business. Keto baked goods are the "thing" now and while it takes some effort to make, and more effort to make some of it to taste like real food, If you can pull it off, people will buy it.

We usually go on a diet the first of the year, lose 10 pounds, then go back to our slovenly ways...... :lol: Keto actually works and the recipes are better than most imitation diet food.
e been bargain a lot of simple kept recipes lately, and am gonna try the almond flour cookies. I have been guilty because I am eating and baking so much lately, I feel so irresponsible! I am gonna need some yummy recipes like this from you guys to give me some heather ideas!