I can answer your baking questions! Let share fun recipes!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This recipe is so weird, I have to try it. It sounds terrible! But maybe diabetic friendly? No link because the site is awful, looong scroll riddled with popups to get to the recipe

Screenshot_20201125-110716.png
Screenshot_20201125-110740.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I tried baking my sqiash cubes to carmelize. No evidence they are carmelizing, but some are getting hard so I pulled them out of the oven. I'm extra skeptical of the recipe now! 🤣 might try it this afternoon, but someone tell me how to puree these chunks without adding liquid? The recipe seems so off! Does his almond butter have sugar added? Does he know most limited ingredient keto foods are just awful? Maybe his taste buds are waaaay off?

Keeping my expectations low. 😅

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You could had a splash of heavy whipping cream to add a little moisture.

Would like to know how it turns out.

You'll be surprised about how some of the combinations work out. Lol

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried baking my sqiash cubes to carmelize. No evidence they are carmelizing, but some are getting hard so I pulled them out of the oven. I'm extra skeptical of the recipe now! 🤣 might try it this afternoon, but someone tell me how to puree these chunks without adding liquid? The recipe seems so off! Does his almond butter have sugar added? Does he know most limited ingredient keto foods are just awful? Maybe his taste buds are waaaay off?

Keeping my expectations low. 😅
Nice try! It is a very investing recipe! I wonder if it will work or not...

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is a quick simple no baking involved recipe:
1 ready made graham cracker crust
1 jar peanut butter (smooth)
1 small jar marshmallow fluff
Spoon entire jar of fluff and 3 good sized spoons of peanut butter into micro safe bowl, micro 30-45 seconds until can be mixed together easily. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until hard or overnight. Cut and serve
Serves 6-8 depending on how big of slices u want

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here is a quick simple no baking involved recipe:
1 ready made graham cracker crust
1 jar peanut butter (smooth)
1 small jar marshmallow fluff
Spoon entire jar of fluff and 3 good sized spoons of peanut butter into micro safe bowl, micro 30-45 seconds until can be mixed together easily. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until hard or overnight. Cut and serve
Serves 6-8 depending on how big of slices u want
Thanks of the recipe! I only bake from scratch and use all natural, organic ingredients so I probably won't make this. But, thence you so much for the ideas!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
For a low carb crust, you could use the recipe below. Instead of the pre-made fluff, just whip some heavy whipping cream. I have made the recipe in a similar fashion (just mix in the PB) as a low carb version. Yum
Love my big kitchenaid mixer

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Country Homesteaders recipe reminds me of one we used to make way back when I was in high school.
Graham cracker crust
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container cool whip
1 small can pink lemonade

Mix everything up and put in the pie crust...refrigerate until firm....eat and go into diabetic coma! LOL! Definitely NOT organic or natural lol....but I remember it as a good 'break-up' pie back in the day.

Last edited: