I can answer your baking questions! Let share fun recipes!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Daughter In Law's apple pie. Hated to cut this work of art. But you know I did :) interesting sweet and tangy sour taste with slightly crunchy apples - really yummy. I had seconds of course.
IMG_20201126_145553581.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a very easy no bake cheesecake recipe involves cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and some flavorings of choices. what you put it in can vary as can the various flavorings and layers used. this was taken from an old recipe from the cereal box of corn flakes or frosted flakes called Cherry Breeze.

the basic amounts are 8oz cream cheese, 1 small can (i think they are 14oz now) sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup of lemon juice is what i make the most often.

method, microwave the cream cheese for a few seconds and then fluff before adding the rest of the ingredients. oh, and you can whip this really good to get more air in it and that makes it lighter.

variations, cutting back on sweetness a whole can of sweetened condensed milk is too sweet for me, i've used condensed milk, sour cream, whole milk yogurt, etc.

also i love lime juice instead. have also made peanut butter version. good vanilla, various liquors for flavors. layers of different flavors. etc. we normally do not use crusts we just like the filling and put it in serving glasses instead.

right now i'm contemplating macaroons. :) i like them plain, but i also like them with some butterscotch chips, walnuts and chocolate chips added.

Last edited: