I can fix tools ask me how? what do you do for living??

Omran

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I would like make this thread for each nd everyone here, and here how it goes
1- I really can fix tools, because that is my proffision for 17 years.
2- some one else here might be able to fix cars.
3- some one else might be a book keeper
and it goes on so if you guys like we can help each other as much as we can. you can list what you can do, and we can exchange questions and answers, w might be able to get some things done without going and pay for it.
I hope I explained myself ok.
Please let me know what you think.

Omran

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm a homecare nurse. My job is mostly educating people about their illnesses and teaching them how to manage there medical problems.
I also work with cancer patients and teach them about there illness and treatments and how to manage the side effects of treatments.
I also do Hospice work and help Pt's and their families get through the dying process with comfort and dignity.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am an international tax accountant. Not sure I can help anyone unless they are an international corporation and have US filing requirements for international subsidiaries.

If you do, give me a holler.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I'm an audiological aid....I give hearing tests across the country.

However, I know how to butcher chickens, cook, train dogs, can food, and many other common tasks related to SS.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i am a master plumber and gas fitter, residential only i never ventured into the commercial side of plumbing because it was just me and my brother who is a firefighter as well. the coolest of all things was when we worked the same shift at the same fire department we had a blast going into fires together. so for me plumbing, gas fitting, fire safety, some fire code issues and if your house or barn catches on fire (God forbid) ill tell you how to put it out :p .

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I do auto repair, but I also work on and repair other stuff, small engine repair, etc. I also have a background in general all around carpentry. Love to cook, love to can, and process our own meat.
I also do general housekeeping, dishes and laundry. I do NOT do diapers. :plbb

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I do NOT do diapers. :plbb
I do!

I'm trained as a Nurse's Aid, and can give basic and simple medical care, and my passion is really for the elderly. I'm also CPR certified.

Currently, I'm a "chicken farmer" tho I'm not sure that's a real job title?? I raise and sell different breeds of poultry. Course, we're in the slow season right now...

I've learned from my husband how to do basic car maintenance and repairs, like oil changes, brakes, and this year put in an alternator. I've also (years ago) assisted in changing a transmission out of his truck (we don't talk about my dropping it on his chest!)

I'm learning how to use power tools (like table saws and stuff) but I'm having a hard time with it, because I have a real fear of saws.

I have some very simple carpentry skills (hammer and nails and screwdriver abilities mostly). Housekeeping/cooking/and baking are all skills I have.

I can sew straight lines.

I also have some knowledge with Animal Husbandry with certain kinds of animals.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have worked with behavior disorders in children for the last 15 years. I used to sell real estate (6 years).

I started and trained horses [Hunt Seat, Saddle Seat, Western, Aside, Driving - jumping, reining, lower level dressage, barrels and games, horsemanship and pleasure and gaited (Walking Horses)]. I have given riding lessons including riding therapy for the disabled (LONG time)

I can plumb some, wire some, build some, cook some, can some, garden some, I soap, I have tanned a hide, I sew and knit, and I do woodworking. I have raised chickens for most of my life, shown them and acted as a judge for small poultry and horse shows. I have raised rabbits and raised and rehabilitated raccoons, squirrels, hawks and lots of other wild critters.

I will talk your ear off!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I'm a custom picture framer. MyT Man is a utilitarian welder, master barterer, gardener, and trader. He also has a huge network of friends so if he doesn't do it, he knows someone who can!