I caught someone hunting in my YARD today!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I know this is not funny but....I have this picture of you stomping down the road, swinging your arms, breathing hard and muttering language that can not be repeated here, with your DH following a safe distance behind you wondering how many people he might have to bury today.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I'd be really mad, my kids play in the trees on our place all the time, we also have deer that visit (and I don't mind) I don't want them shooting deer anywhere near us! :mad:

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
I know this is not funny but....I have this picture of you stomping down the road, swinging your arms, breathing hard and muttering language that can not be repeated here, with your DH following a safe distance behind you wondering how many people he might have to bury today.
I would have been livid, too. But my first thought was, "Ok, she's chasing a truck load full of guys who obviously have been shooting on her property. I hope she has some serious wits cause she might be out-manned & out-gunned!"

I'm glad no one was hurt... physically. ;) Hope he learned his lesson. Is he married? If you REALLY don't want him doing that again, tell his wife. LOL

Cassandra

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2dream said:
Haha! that is about how it went too:>) I have more wit than brains and my neighbors all know that...they also know that I can get very angry, speak my mind, and forgive all in a matter of minutes...so they love me! And I love them

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
That sounds just like me. Mad, voice it, get over it, lets have coffee.

peckndirt

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I like to hunt but I have so many people hunting around and illegally on my property that I can't even let the children hunt anymore.I was shot with buck shot a couple of years ago by a trespasser and fired back ,when they kept shooting in my direction,and I was the one that almost got arrested.I'd say more but the words I'd like to use are not fit to print.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
peckndirt said:
I like to hunt but I have so many people hunting around and illegally on my property that I can't even let the children hunt anymore.I was shot with buck shot a couple of years ago by a trespasser and fired back ,when they kept shooting in my direction,and I was the one that almost got arrested.I'd say more but the words I'd like to use are not fit to print.
All i can say is WOW!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
How crazy is this? I come from a long line of farmers and woodsman and hunters, though not so much in my immediate family. So although I live in MA, I am pro-hunting if you are safe and sober and eat what you kill. I am in the minority here.

A few years ago, I was riding my mare in the woods behind the farm where I boarded her at the time. It was very well posted land, no hunting or trespassing. We had permission to ride the trails there. I made a quartersheet from blaze orange fabric for riding in hunting season, though. I came around a corner and found myself facing the business end of a rifle. Only a few feet away. Unbelievable. The guy immediately said, "Oh, I must've gone further than I thought, sorry...." and he backed away. That told me that he knew he was on posted land, as I hadn't said anything. He must've thought that was some big buck, so big it needed iron shoes!

A friend up the road chased a guy out of her pasture where her horses were grazing! He argued with her, so she said nothing, went into the house and got her shotgun. He left quite quickly.

What is wrong with people??????

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
When I was a teen, I was helping my dad stain the house. I was up on a scaffolding when we heard this weird sound through the leaves and "ping ping ping" on the siding. It was buckshot hitting the house right by where I was painting.

Dad grabbed his gun, gave me my gun, and got the dog. We headed off to where we thought the shot was coming from and scared the @#*&*&$@#@ out of some idiot who didn't realize there were 5 houses in the woods up the hill from where he was shooting. Our Irish Setter, who was normally a big goofball was ALL business and wanted to eat that's guy's Brittney Spaniel.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My daughter face the end of a rifle when she was riding her horse on our property. She was only 10 years old at the time and started shouting out "Hey, it's me..." By the time she got in the house to tell me the guy was gone. She was only about 150 ft from our house where it happened!