I caught someone hunting in my YARD today!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
peckndirt said:
I like to hunt but I have so many people hunting around and illegally on my property that I can't even let the children hunt anymore.I was shot with buck shot a couple of years ago by a trespasser and fired back ,when they kept shooting in my direction,and I was the one that almost got arrested.I'd say more but the words I'd like to use are not fit to print.
:welcome

My dad used to have horrible problems with this and has been threatened several times on his own property. He is a bowhunter, so the gun hunters think he will back down if they point a gun at him. Fortunately he carries a derringer for emergencies. I always said, take a so-called hunter, cover it with blaze orange and add a little alcohol~instant a$$****!

A real hunter never, never trespasses, never shoots at anything that he can't see clearly, never shoots at a running target, and has permission before stepping foot on anyone's land. Everyone else is just an outlaw! :somad Gives all the good hunters a bad name! :/

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
peckndirt said:
I like to hunt but I have so many people hunting around and illegally on my property that I can't even let the children hunt anymore.I was shot with buck shot a couple of years ago by a trespasser and fired back ,when they kept shooting in my direction,and I was the one that almost got arrested.I'd say more but the words I'd like to use are not fit to print.
Wow, he is one lucky guy!! I am not sure that I would have missed him if his buckshot hit me, my kids were outside, and he shot again!!!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Boy, this is a subject that gets me going!

Jerks on our road operate on the favor system and turn over their property in hunting season to anyone they owe. They just about bus in!

The hunters around this area live on little postage stamp lots or in condos, spend a fortune gearing up and think they can hunt anywhere because they spent the money. They don't need the deer meat, it's just a chance to shoot something. If they don't get a deer they will shoot whatever they see moving. They all drink, I swear.
They shot our goat that was tethered to his little house and left him.

The week before hunting season begins they start driving around to spot. Huge sudden increase at dawn and dusk of SUVs and pick-ups driving slowly.

Our land is posted nearly every other tree. I found 5 guys on our small acreage. They painted our trees to mark deer trails. They chopped down a neighbor's new pear grove for a better sight line.
This neighbor confronted a group and told them to get off his land. They surrounded him with guns drawn on him and said he didn't own it!? He called the sheriff but by the time they arrived the bullies had moved on.

Now I begin cutting wood with our loudest chainsaw that week and continue through the hunting weeks. Just as much racket as I can make. The deer hate it and are not on our property then. The city-suburb guys have begun to go elsewhere.

We bought our property through hard work and sacrifices, the deer on our land are ours should we need the meat. These idiots have no investment other than their licenses and gear.
:somad :somad :somad

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow all these gun stories! So different over here, very hard to get a gun license and I am fairly certain the only place you can shoot is on a farmers property with their permission, you can possibly get a permit in the forest, but not sure on that, very, very few people have guns here.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
Wow all these gun stories! So different over here, very hard to get a gun license and I am fairly certain the only place you can shoot is on a farmers property with their permission, you can possibly get a permit in the forest, but not sure on that, very, very few people have guns here.
Where are you from? Are you in the states? Interesting

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boyd said:
Lovechooks said:
Where are you from? Are you in the states? Interesting
Australia. Not many people have guns here. Unless your a farmer for the foxes.

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I agree totally that they should have respect...and there are morons out there who shouldnt own a gun much less be breathing......but can I say something hopefully without offending anyone.... to all of you ....thanks the Good Lord you even HAVE property....some of us can only dream to...and badly want it. :(