I got a Family Grain Mill!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this morning, I ordered the Wonder Jr. Deluxe. I liked the fact that it has stone AND SS burrs, can be operated by hand or drill, and it is all metal. Can't wait to get it. Pricey, but, the peace of mind and improved nutrition will be well worth it.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this morning, I ordered the Wonder Jr. Deluxe. I liked the fact that it has stone AND SS burrs, can be operated by hand or drill, and it is all metal. Can't wait to get it. Pricey, but, the peace of mind and improved nutrition will be well worth it.
That is exactly the one I have except mine is white, I had to go look, mine is the Wonder Junior Deluxe and I have all of the extra stones
IMG_0045.JPG

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have you tried running it with a drill? This is one of my deciding factors. I've had shoulder surgery, and hubby is headed in that direction. So, we will hand crank when needed. But, I have a Ryobi drill with multiple re-chargeable batteries. That should make it super easy for us. When I have some spare $$, I expect I'll buy an extra set of stones/burrs, and the other "wear out" parts.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have you tried running it with a drill? This is one of my deciding factors. I've had shoulder surgery, and hubby is headed in that direction. So, we will hand crank when needed. But, I have a Ryobi drill with multiple re-chargeable batteries. That should make it super easy for us. When I have some spare $$, I expect I'll buy an extra set of stones/burrs, and the other "wear out" parts.
No I haven used a drill , but it would be good to try out.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my Family Grain Mill. I don’t use it often enough, I have some Painted Mountain corn I need to grind. Got more almost ready to harvest out in the garden.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One thing we have found from grinding our own flour to make bread: Just as freshly roasted coffee tastes better than beans that have been sitting around for a while, so it is with freshly ground flour. I think that is the real secret to the incredible flavor of DH's sourdough bread.
In order to lighten the dough a little, we sift out some of the coarser bits of bran (that gets used to sop up grease in the pan and fed to the chickens- saves a lot on plumbing bills, lol) The resultant flour isn't quite like commercial white flour, but it's not as coarse as whole grain flour either. We get a nice loaf with a good crumb out of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts