I got a lead on a job! ~DH's job Saga Continues...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
QA

that is wonderful!

so what is the first paycheck going to buy? any plans for it or what?
NOTHING! It's going to pay electric, phone, and internet! that's it!

ETA: any left overs will be tucked back in case we need something....like deoderant LOL toilet paper and soap!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
smart gal.
remember one thing--take at least $5 and hide it. anywhere. in the closet, in a jar, anywhere. Just $5 per week. It ain't a ton, it doesn't add up to a ton, but when you need fast cash, you saved it.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
smart gal.
remember one thing--take at least $5 and hide it. anywhere. in the closet, in a jar, anywhere. Just $5 per week. It ain't a ton, it doesn't add up to a ton, but when you need fast cash, you saved it.
Just $5??? we were thinking a good $10 LOLOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you got $10 to spare then YES YES you do that.

many times when I have "some spare cash" (like who does right, but I find some) I throw $5 sometimes or $10 or maybe a $20 every now and then into an old upright lamp fixture I have in my closet. Out of sight ya know......I counted it the other day and I have $385 in there...WOOOOOOT!

now my mind is "what to buy"

well--nothing you dope! HA HA---that is emergency money in case something stupid happens, like medical emergencies I need deductible money etc. etc.......

you go for it...there is nothing like a small stash of hidden money! :)

I love mine.HA HA

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
if you got $10 to spare then YES YES you do that.

many times when I have "some spare cash" (like who does right, but I find some) I throw $5 sometimes or $10 or maybe a $20 every now and then into an old upright lamp fixture I have in my closet. Out of sight ya know......I counted it the other day and I have $385 in there...WOOOOOOT!

now my mind is "what to buy"

well--nothing you dope! HA HA---that is emergency money in case something stupid happens, like medical emergencies I need deductible money etc. etc.......

you go for it...there is nothing like a small stash of hidden money! :)

I love mine.HA HA
Well, now we ALL know where it is! LOLOL

I have a suggestion, just a suggestion, but take like $50 of that money, adopt a kid off an Angel tree for Christmas? :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh no never touch that money for anything but family emergencies.

BUT, yes I do that anyway :love
what kid doesn't need something....I definitely share at Christmas. This time Nicole will pick a kid also off the tree.

I also give to the local veterans here. they throw a party for kids and such with presents and santa. Good time had by all.

It is a time for kids, time for smiles and warm hearts......I so agree! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh no never touch that money for anything but family emergencies.

BUT, yes I do that anyway :love
what kid doesn't need something....I definitely share at Christmas. This time Nicole will pick a kid also off the tree.

I also give to the local veterans here. they throw a party for kids and such with presents and santa. Good time had by all.

It is a time for kids, time for smiles and warm hearts......I so agree! :)
HAHA good plan good plan!

We did the shoe box Christmas one year. And we have helped with Share A Christmas in the past, even if it was just wrapping the gifts purchased, etc.

The last few years I was only able to donate food, but I made sure I donated A LOT of food!

DID YOU READ THAT ROOSMOM? EVEN SCROOGE HERE HELPS OUT WITH THE COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS PROGRAMS! :gig :gig :gig

Thank you ETR!! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to your family too!

To everyone really!!

:weee :weee :weee
:woot :woot :woot