I got a lead on a job! ~DH's job Saga Continues...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:love

ya know we are going into great times. we (from what I saw on this board) have great families and are doing well with our lives! we smile......:coolsun

but we also give to those who need. what a great time coming. sharing is love. definitely. even if we have less, we can give. what more could we ask! nothing! truly!

we rock! :weee

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well my kids just don't know what to do with themselves without daddy home.

Several times today they have asked me when will daddy be home? My daughter has stated several times that she already misses him. lol

They have a count down going. Daddy gets off work in an hour and should be home soon after.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH is a great role model surely! :)

Nicole asks where Daddy is all the time. Is he at the barn? Cause she wants to be working the farm with him..LOL

If I say Commscope working, she says, AAAhhh...I want him here to do barn work. But she says "daddy is getting us money to buy toys!"

kill me, I say one thing about working a real job and why and she picks that one to rely on..HA HA HA

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
FarmerChick said:
QA

that is wonderful!

so what is the first paycheck going to buy? any plans for it or what?
NOTHING! It's going to pay electric, phone, and internet! that's it!

ETA: any left overs will be tucked back in case we need something....like deoderant LOL toilet paper and soap!
HA HA HA !!!!
Priorities, gotta love em!!

Glad things are going well!
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
He's home!!

He said he had a great first day, wasn't a hard day at all. He is working for a tree farm. They spent today dragging trees out of the woods and loading/unloading trucks.

He said around 1:30 there was a bit of excitement when another worker collapsed. They had to call an e-squad. Turns out the guys sugar was low. So he went to the hospital. Just so happens the guy who collapsed was DH's RIDE. Not our neighbor, but the other guy they ride with. There's 3 of them carpooling.

So another co-worker brought DH home, and the other co-worker that went to the hospital is OK.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
First exciting day over.........Go talk about it, share all the details.
I am glad he liked it QA. Miss him, just dont overmiss him (ok I made that word up but I am sure you know what I mean.
Coming to the party too eh? Cherries right? LOL
Everyone is so happy, its great. :D

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, that is an exciting day! Emergency squad on the first day. At least you know they get there quick if something happens! Good to know you can count on them!
Take care,
Tina

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sounds like an eventful first day! The weather here was perfect for being outdoors, too!

When my DH found out he was hypoglycemic, he passed out. He has to carry protein with him to eat mid morning and mid afternoon. DH usually carries granola, PB crackers or cheese with crackers with him at all times.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Yes, Roosmom, it's cherries :p

Thank you everyone for sharing this happy time with us :) and for being excited right along with me.

No overly missing here :) First day was just different...and I neglected my house LOL so today I should be kept super busy with washing dishes and sewing.

I packed him an extra large lunch today. He gets a 15 minute break at 10, 30 minute lunch at noon, and another 15 minute break in the afternoon. So I made sure I packed enough for him to have snacks at breaks. He got two sandwiches, some cheese (both for a snack and on his sandwiches), an apple, a jug of water to drink, a can of pop, two homemade cookies, a bowl of cottage cheese with pepper, and a bowl of peaches. :)

I am going to have to make some meal things up that he can eat cold that will keep in his lunch bag. I also need to find him a regular lunch box and a thermos. I was thinking if I have two thermoses for him them I can send hot coffee in one and hot soup in the other. Or chili or something.

OH and some other news.........he might not get laid off!!!!!!!! They said they keep a few people on after they lay off everyone to pick up the mess left behind from dragging out trees. Like they will be picking up any pine branches that were left laying or limbs etc. Pick it all up and make it look neat ya know? So here we find out the neighbor who helped him get the job is actually a SUPERVISOR :eek: So he said he will do what he can to make sure DH works as long as possible before layoff!! WOOT!!!!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do they trim up the trees in the summer? Do they spray them with the paints or glue in the summer? If so, maybe he can stay on throughout the summer. Remember I told you my hubby did that also? Well he was kinda year round. First they keep the trees trimmed into xmas tree shape with long machete like knives. Then they spray a glue on them. Some farms spray paint on them also, to keep the freshest color. So he worked in the summer, had a month off, then worked thanksgiving time thru first part of december, then laid off again till summer. So, when your DH comes home you could ask him these things and he can ask at work. LOL
I am happy for you both.....YAYEEE