I got a lead on a job! ~DH's job Saga Continues...

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whew, that could have been a close call. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. People, come on, That stuff is for kids, not adults who have bills to pay, families to feed, grow up....I am so glad that it worked out for him carpooling with someone else.
It isnt really strange. They knew.....They knew and that is why they left work without him, and why they didnt stop. Someone told them about the other carpooling. WHat reason they gave for him riding with someone else, that is what you have to wonder about.
It just keeps getting better for you both doesnt it? :ya

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
smart move ---I avoid loser people like the plague. I want no contact with that kind of stuff in my life.
glad DH got it straightened out !! good happenings for you! :)

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad DH was able to work out a safe alternative, and that by being a sober and moral individual, he can show he is worth working the entire year instead of just the season!! Good for you guys!!
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
TODAY IS PAYDAY :woot :woot

He gets his very first pay TODAY :woot :woot

:bun <me doin' happy dance

WE GET TO PAY THE ELECTRIC BILL :woot :woot

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whoo! POWER!!
Congratulations!!
Yay to Pay!!
Have a Nice Day :D
Tina

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
TODAY IS PAYDAY :woot :woot

He gets his very first pay TODAY :woot :woot

:bun <me doin' happy dance

WE GET TO PAY THE ELECTRIC BILL :woot :woot
I just gotta love the enthusiasm of this gal!!! So cute and funny! :lol: :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, being able to pay the bills is something to get enthusiastic about! (I think I spelled that right?)

Anyhooo....we went down the $ store, got DH gloves he needed for work and socks for me and DH (kids have tons of socks and we've been too long neglecting our needs to meet the kids' needs.)

We also bought a very important commodity...TP LOLOL

Diapers for the baby and snuck in 4 little hotwheels for the boys for Christmas stockings. Couldn't sneak anything for DD because she was watching. LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I think the job gave him a boost of all around health! the man literally looks like he is glowing! and yesterday he was pleased as punch with himself. He said they have run through a lot of guys on the job since he started. He said it's young, all muscled up guys, come in and think they can do the job, well, they can't because they have working out muscles, not farming muscles, and half way into the day these big muscle boys are tossing their cookies!

His supervisor handpicked him the first day after DH had worked half a day and the super saw the kind of worker DH is.

Bad news is, they told him yesterday that there may only be 2-3 more weeks of work. He is looking at getting one full pay in two weeks, and then possibly another 2 week pay.

That's fine with me, because I will have all the bills paid up for the month, so that second pay next month we can salt back for January.

We should be Ok. We usually get to file tax returns beginning of February and get it back in like a week or so, and that will pay up the bills for February and March, and I am praying that by then the girls are laying well enough to support their feed bill and provide me with some hatching eggs to sell and hatch myself for chicks to sell at the local auction.

If nothing else, God will work it out in his own way. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Quail, you have a great outlook on things, I really admire that about you!

I am sure that things will work out for you, life has a way of catching us before we fall. Hopefully your DH can get some referrals out of his supervisors ...maybe they know someone who is hiring.

Latest posts