I guess I should introduce myself.--something to say

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is what it is. Not every site can be one size fits all. Sorry you don't enjoy it and I hope you find something that fits your needs.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Uhhhh????? :pop

I just want to make one comment. Ok maybe two. During the winter months we discuss a ton of new things around here. New things people are trying, building, exploring and learning. Lots of down time in winter for farmers to work on new projects. Not that I am one but this is what I have seen. Summer has been a bit different. We vacation, get buried in work and spend a ton of time outdoors and in the garden. Preparing for the off season.

I think the way this forum has evolved, into several journal discussions, Front porch sittin as we like to call it. It's seasonal.

I am like Sylvie. If there is something I need to know I search the proper index. If I can't find it I post a new thread asking.

Maybe for the last couple weeks the new folks have found all the info they need just by searching. :idunno

If there's something you don't see or want to discuss. Start a new thread. I am sure the info you need is around here somewhere or someone can help.

I think you should just look at it this way. If you want to be friendly and hang around and chat thats great. If you just want to stop in and ask a ???? now and then, thats fine too.

This is a free country, do as you wish. :thumbsup

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ok....SS members please forgive me for what I am about to say.

Frosting, are you off your rocker? Why the heck would you try to dredge up this garbage again? You don't like or are not getting enough out of this forum? Well you can always start a topic of interest on your own. I think that everyone rallied around you to make you feel welcome because we had all gotten off on the wrong foot, but it seems you just want to stir up controversy.

I am sorry that you are not going to be an active member, but don't put the blame on US that YOU do not like it here. Don't like what is on the screen...flip the channel. Why make a big announcement. I think you like the drama...you seem to be the one creating it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Good-bye, Frosting! :frow Since you are a dairy farmer, might I suggest you check out our sister site, Backyard Herds? It might be the right fit for your forum needs! :)

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not off my rocker, Dace.

I wanted to say, I won't be around much and the reason being that I had been attack posting in a journal so therefore I won't post to them. Now the very people who attacked me there won't respect me here and let things be. LEAVE ME ALONE!

I've had contact with other members wishing me well and saying they are sorry I'm leaving but, understand. It's a shame that they couldn't tell me here on my thread, as they should have been able.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go Frosting.

I too lurked here for a while. Yes, there are lots of journals. I have my own. Like others on here, I tend to search the forum for whatever I'm looking for. If my questions are answered in the original postings, I'll read, learn & be happy. If my particular question wasn't addressed, or I need more info being a newbie, I'll resurect the post to bring it back into discussion. That is allowed you know? I didn't know, but I risked it anyways :D A LOT of questions get answered on journals, just by people remarking on what they did today, others asking about it and then a discussion evolves. There are also people who simply make a post to start a discussion about a particular subject. EG: "What are you fermenting today?" "Pickles: Post your favorite recipe."

All that said, give it a chance, avoid the journals if you like, go back to lurking (Thats what I do for the most part, its your choice after all :) ) but there is simply a TON of info on this site, free with details & links & the input of those who actually experienced it. You gotta look for it sometimes, but its there!

Latest posts