I guess I should introduce myself.--something to say

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Looking at that picture, just gave me the most wonderfull peacfull feeling. You have a nice place.
Funny how they have to push that California is the place to be for cows, isn't it. I've never been there but, from what I understand the cows are only out on pasture in primarily one valley. The majority of the others are in feedlot type situations. I really don't know how they can be happy with the water shortage we keep hearing about in California. Not to mention the earth quakes!
I live in California and the commercial doesn't make sense to me either. The only way fields stay green in the summer is, if the farmer waters them. And it gets hot here. The cows I see on occasion, usually huddle under the shade of the occasional oak tree. The commercial is obviously directed toward city slickers. :lol:
I cannot imagine a cow wanting to live here any more than say in Wisconsin or New York.
At least we make our shakes after the cow is milked. I really don't know how you can deal with buildings, ground, etc. shaking and then knowing there will be more with the after shocks! I guess it's a difference in what one grows up with and the ground doesn't shake here like it does there.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I don't mind the earthquakes. Storms are waaayy scarier and tornadoes and hurricanes and such. I moved here in my early 20's. I grew up with the storms....

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello.

I have to go to my friends in a bit but, I thought I would stop in and see what's up.

I see Amos is now Blackbird. Confused me at first but then I remembered who's aviator that was and when I checked here on my thread, I realized that yes indeed it was Amos.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hope your friend makes a speedy recovery. My friend's foot was painful for the first week after surgery, but after 2 two weeks, she was almost dancing! I hope your friend's foot heals just as quickly. :)

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have something to say. I joined this site after lurking for awhile. But, shortly after I joined I posted to someones journal and got attacked for it. I was told journals are private (hello, they are on a public forum). I attacked back but, will no longer post to journals. Most of the SS info is in journals and not other threads. Farming is a hard life and I have enough to worry about in life (Is my child going to have a bad day? Do we have enough feed? Is that animal sick? Will she recover? Etc.) to worry about what I post and where I post here or deal with another attack. Therefore, Im to be here less frequently. I had thought this was going to be a great site to be part of but, Im just plain tired of the games that go on here

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Edited my original answer, because I'm not sure what happened, and I shouldn't speak if I don't know what is what. LOL

I am sorry you are dissatisfied with the site.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well I am sorry to see you go...and a bit surprised. I thought that everyone, including you, had moved on from the original incident/discussion. I don't really get why you want to leave, seems to me that something else has happened. It appeared that you were pretty well received here, although you only seem to post on this thread....granted I do not read everything here.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:frow See ya on a sister forum.....although you never did tell us who you were over there.

From where I sit, you were very welcomed here. Even when you stepped on toes and your toes were stepped on, apologies were made quickly by the one who stepped on you. The "attack" is old news, and was handled with maturity and grace by the members here. I can't imagine why you are bringing it up again. It was taken care of. Time to move on.

I personally know several people pm'd you to urge you to stay. I was not the one who said journals are private in my pm's to you. But journals are more like someone's house, and they get to journal and invite the public to read, but they are not the place for unsolicited advice by strangers. The one journalling gets to talk, we get to oooh and ahhhh, basically. At least that is how it works here, and it makes for a friendly place.

Since you've been lurking, you know that the same opinions you expressed were already expressed by Farmer Kitty, in great detail, so it had already been said.

I am sorry you won't be staying, but I did have to set the record straight. When my "friends" are unfairly criticized, I will stand up for them....us.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There has been more going on in PMs.

As I stated, due to being attacked for asking simple questions-I wanted to understand, I won't post in journals anymore. Outside of the journals there is very little going on. Of the 11 threads posted since I was on last 7 are journals. One is this thread and the other 3 are ongoing threads. Not much to post to when one leaves journals out. There just isn't much here. I may pop in from time to time but, I'm not coming by on a regular basis.

For those who don't know of the attack here is my post that got me into trouble. I was just trying to understand why she is doing what she is doing. I praise her for the progress made.
Beekissed, I have just been reading your experiences with Blossom. She sure was awfully thin when you got her. She is looking so much better now. Not sure I would have put a second calf on her with all she's been through but, you know her better than we do.

I hope she settles the first time for you. May I ask why back to a beef bull instead of having her AIed? Wouldn't she be more desirable bred back to a jersey for reselling her? Or does the farm you have in mind not really want another milk cow for the future and would prefer the beef cross?
Dace, I have posted to other threads.

freemotion, I won't be telling you or anyone on this forum who I am over on BYC either. I just don't care to have the crap follow me.

Latest posts