I guess I should introduce myself.--something to say

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What you don't get it? Then look here. This is how the board looked when I loggedout last time. The check marks represent journals. Not much left after that.

1062_example.jpg

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Hoo boy, I'm going to kick myself for this, but; I think this site is journal heavy, too. Many technical subject headings are ignored like geothermal, solar and wind. Maybe this forum needs time to ripen, as it is relatively new.
The way I deal with the frustration of nothing to read but journals is to just come right out and post a question or start a topic on what I need to learn. It has worked well so far for me and I have found that this is how I fit in here. I will never be in the journal clique because I don't go in there much and interact, but that is my choice given my time constraints. I like the people on here. Hope this helps.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You were not banned from journals. You were just asked to be polite and gracious and accept the apology that was offered to you. This is a two-week-old issue that was settled. Why are you bringing it up again? That is a rhetorical question, btw.

Things were going well, you were settling in and getting accepted. If you're gonna go, no need to rip and tear on the way out. You were invited to stay, if you want to stay, be nice, and you will be accepted.

You can take this as a learning experience and grow from it. If you choose. Others have.

If it is not for you, fine. You only make yourself look bad when you continue to beat a dead horse and pick arguments. I have no problem allowing anyone a bad day or two here and there, I can let bygones be bygones. Seems that everyone else here can, too. Let it go.

I am here to escape the stress of life, get support for my ss projects, get some cheering and applause when I feel like bragging, and share the things I've learned with others. It is a great way to forget all the tragedies I've been dealing with in the past year or so in my personal life. So yes, I am protective of this forum.

I am also a straightforward person, and a bit of a peacemaker at times, but even I am ready for this issue to be buried. Let's just stop, ok? There is really no point to this. It just upsets everyone's digestion.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Frosting said:
What you don't get it? Then look here. This is how the board looked when I loggedout last time. The check marks represent journals. Not much left after that.

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1062_example.jpg
I don't get why you are so mad. That is what I don't get. Did I miss something? If something is happening in PM, can't you get Reinbeau to help you with that matter?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
And another thing that I don't get is why you have to keep saying how horrible this forum is? If you don't like it, please go to the other ones that you do get something out of.

ETA I forgot to say please.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not ripping my way out, freemotion. It seems you have an issue. Please, leave my thread now.

BBH, I'm not mad. Just stating that outside of the journals which, I won't post to and have explained why, there really is nothing here.

I don't want to have to need info to post a question. If I read something I have questions on, I should be able to ask them. Whether it's a journal or not. How else is am I to gain the knowledege to become more SS?

I am trying to say I'm leaving and why. If someone doesn't say why they feel this forum is lacking then it can not be looked into. Maybe something needs to be changed and maybe it doesn't. This is my thread and as long as I'm behaving, I can post any opinions I have.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
So it is just that there are too many journals?
Without the journals there is next to nothing on this site! Take a good hard look. Most of the info one would come here seeking is buried in journals and I've already explained my problem with them.

Latest posts