I guess I should introduce myself.--something to say

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Welcome to SS, Frosting. I'm jealous that yall have such a fabulous neighborhood. I thought my neighbors would be more like that but they are mostly kind of catty and two-faced.

I, too, wish we could have more critters. As it is, my "girls" are running illegal but quiet. They are going to start laying here in the next two months. I would like to say I had a garden but I'm struggling and the weeds are starting to move in more and more. While I am married, my hubby does nothing whatsoever in the gardens or with the poultry (we only have 6 chooks). He was more or less raised to believe that garden work is exactly that, work.
It's an old neighborhood with a lot of retired/almost retired people so some of them grewup with the SS life style. I would imagine that helps.

Thank you for the welcomes.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
As it is, my "girls" are running illegal but quiet.
oooohhhhh Kelle is breaking the law..... A real Bonnie type aren't you? Breaking the laws and all. :gig

:yuckyuck :yuckyuck

Hi frost

Aidenbaby...LOL, my hubby is not too interested in all that either!
Well, if things keep going as they are, he might see that your ways are really nice and keep some money in your pockets.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Aidenbaby...LOL, my hubby is not too interested in all that either!
Well, if things keep going as they are, he might see that your ways are really nice and keep some money in your pockets.
Well he does see that there is money savings there...I think he would prefer that my efforts go toward actually MAKING money...which apparently is not my strong suit :idunno

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
hey, Frosting! :welcome

I'm jealous of the dairy farm, too. DH's first job was a dairy farm, and this may sound gross to some, :hide but it's the best smell ever!! Every time we pass a dairy, the smell stirs up some real nostalgic memories for me!

:thumbsup

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hey, Frosting, do you make butter and cheese? Any other dairy products?

I still can't get mozzarella right with the goat's milk. I wish I could have a cow, it is far too expensive here, since I don't have enough pasture to support one most of the year, and hay is ridiculous due to all the people who own show horses. I live in a suburban neighborhood that still retains zoning for farm animals, thanks to the proximity of an x-mas tree farm. We are located in the middle of a triangle made up by Boston, NYC, and Hartford. So you can imagine what my neighbors are like. Even the one farm family is puzzled over all my ss-doings, and mystified by my foraging on their land, with permission, of course. They have no use for the many things I pick and use on my walks with my doggy, which is good for me!

Looking forward to your wisdom and input! :welcome

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
:welcome Frosting! My dh spent his childhood summers at his aunt's and uncle's dairy farm in Racine County - Richland Center, Willow, LaValle, Henrietta, Ithaca areas. The family farm in Willow is now a bed and breakfast.