I made bread and a PIC!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Don't be laughing cause the big loaf fell super ugly flat...but the taste is wonderful!

the rolls came out better. this is a recipe from BYC I got. It is so super easy it is scary and I loved the flavor. Will be experimenting with adding honey cause Tony likes that.

It calls for 5 cups bread flour------I used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 bread flour. IT CAME OUT WONDERFUL.

Of course a loaf pan will do better for me on the big one..LOL...but Tony came in from work and ate 2 rolls right away.....warm and melty butter....he couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!

196_000_0016bread.jpg
[/img]

I am trying to keep learning and get a great taste and this one fits the bill for Tony.....so now to make them pretty! LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't burn down the house, I didn't make pucks for the National Hockey League to use, Tony said YUMMY and Nicole ate 1/2 of one and smiled........and I used whole wheat flour.

cool

I cut up most of the ugly flat bread and froze it for crispy garlic bread or whatever later. being so skinny it ain't great sandwich bread unless one moster sardine goes on it..HA HA HA

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
:clap

You're baking bread and I'm sewing. What will they get us into next? :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
really punkin
that is so true
we are doing things we wouldn't truly have tried. I ain't no baker at all and here I am attempting bread over and over...and hit on a good one.

you are sewing! something you might not have truly tempted if we didn't chat about things so much.

ya know with times really going to get worse, we need to know this stuff! :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I know that I probably wouldn't have gone into our Goodwill store without all the comments about it. I'm glad I did.

I wouldn't be making my own cleaners or laundry detergent.

I wouldn't be making pies, cakes, cookies or breads from scratch.

I wouldn't be looking for items to repurpose.

Huh, this hasn't been a waste of time at all. :cool:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you're right
good computer time spent

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
punkin said:
I know that I probably wouldn't have gone into our Goodwill store without all the comments about it. I'm glad I did.

I wouldn't be making my own cleaners or laundry detergent.

I wouldn't be making pies, cakes, cookies or breads from scratch.

I wouldn't be looking for items to repurpose.

Huh, this hasn't been a waste of time at all. :cool:
ITA!! It is SS that got me hooked on stopping into Goodwill! Now, I want to try and make one of those placemat purses!
After I have the baby and get caught up on some of my sewing I will try making bread! And since I have been on here I want some milk goats!! I WANT more things and WANT to do more things!! I thought being SS was supposed to keep us from spending $$!!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Oh, sorry FC. I also meant to say "Good job and your bread looks geat." I'm glad you didn't give up.

Bet Tony and Nicole are, too. :cool: