I made bread and a PIC!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ETR
stand out on your porch and look into the sky.......throwing one your way

:ya

yea I need easy recipes and this one fits the bill.

I ALSO MADE----TA DA----READY for this
a basic white cake. SO SIMPLE it was unreal and Tony ate a big chunk. It was delish and took less time than making a boxed cake. I see me doing alot with this cake.....any topping like cinnamon apples, maybe bananas and some banana cream.....some chocolate type things.

new profession for me...baking...yea right??? HA HA

Tony wondered what was wrong. I had chicken in oven for dinner, bread baking, homemade cake baking in the toaster oven....he was floored..HA HA

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Re: making from scratch- It is so easy to do most things. I think that so many people don't realize that making your own salad dressing, pasta salads, cookies, etc is so easy and economical. Without having been taught how to cook, it is scarier than it ever needs to be for some. But once you start, it's hard to go back to things with with preservatives and other bad tasting stuff.
Did DH tell you how much he appreciated it? ;)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
ETR
stand out on your porch and look into the sky.......throwing one your way

:ya

yea I need easy recipes and this one fits the bill.

I ALSO MADE----TA DA----READY for this
a basic white cake. SO SIMPLE it was unreal and Tony ate a big chunk. It was delish and took less time than making a boxed cake. I see me doing alot with this cake.....any topping like cinnamon apples, maybe bananas and some banana cream.....some chocolate type things.

new profession for me...baking...yea right??? HA HA

Tony wondered what was wrong. I had chicken in oven for dinner, bread baking, homemade cake baking in the toaster oven....he was floored..HA HA
Did Tony think he somehow wondered into the wrong house? :gig

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so proud of you! I think the rolls and bread look yummy. A warm roll or slice of bread with melting butter - what more could one need?:) Now you just need some home made butter.

Yep, I see you doing great things this year. Maybe making your own mixes next. The possibilities are endless. And, all you need to know is right here on the SS forum.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Weeeeelllll...where's this super easy bread recipe for all of us that are bread challenged??? :D

I got a big ol pot of soup goin and they would really be good with it!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea ETR he appreciated it.
I think with him having this catherization tomorrow I kinda feel like I want to do things for him.......so he wins.

quiet tonight just hanging out and holding hands. I just want to kick back and relax, so pizza tonight....and I am not making it..HAHA

I can picture you outside with your mitt in the air waiting for an imcoming wheat roll out of the night..:D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
here is that super easy recipe

2 cups warm (almost hot) water
4 tsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
combine and let set 5 mins.

1/4 cup oil
5 cups bread flour
2 tsp. salt

add to wet mixture...combine and kneed a bit

set for 20-25 mins. to rise under damp tea towel or however you let your bread rise

beat down for a minute, then 1/2 into 2 loaves. or make 1 loaf and some rolls with the other 1/2

for loaf, roll out the bread into rectangle, then roll up into a loaf, like you would when making cinnamon rolls.

set for 20-25 mins. to rise again---cut diagonal rows on loaf

bake 350 for 20-25 mins. let cool at least 15 mins before cutting

THAT WAS IT....I made it so fast it was unreal. I used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 bread flour.

I loved the taste and texture. Would make great dinner rolls for a meal also.

if anyone tries it let me know how you like it.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - Really good - I can feel the excitement in the air all the way down here in Mississippi.

That looks like the same recipe I use except for the sugar measurement. My recipe calls for 1/4 cup but I use 3 or 4 tbls honey instead of the sugar. If I am making cinnamon bread I use honey and sugar mixed with a very heavy hand.

I know you were excited about all that coming out so good.

Tip on the bread - where is says let rise for 20 to 25 minutes - let it double in size. That can be anywhere from 20 min to an hour depending on humidity in your house, drafts, temps, etc. That will hopefully keep your dough from falling flat like that.

Or because it turned out so great - don't listen to me at all. :D