I THINK I SCREWED UP MY METABOLISM

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Denim Deb said:
When I first brought the goats home, the neighbors knew they were coming, but it still took them a bit of time to realize that there wasn't some child in the area calling for it's Maaaaaaaam
We had neighbors when I was little, that had fits over trying to figure out why every time they heard their baby crying, she was actually asleep :gig
:lol:

Now THAT'S FUNNY!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Ever hear a peacock? They sound like a woman yelling for help. Quite honestly, when I was a friend's house, if I hadn't known the neighbors had peacocks, I would have been calling 911.

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hi! :D i'm a newbie who's kinda been lurking around, but i read this entire thread since it's so generally helpful.

but then you started talking about goats, and i just can't help myself - we've had four baby nigerian dwarfs for about three weeks now and i am already in LOVE. :love

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalsmitten/

totally recommend :thumbsup

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MetalSmitten said:
hi! :D i'm a newbie who's kinda been lurking around, but i read this entire thread since it's so generally helpful.

but then you started talking about goats, and i just can't help myself - we've had four baby nigerian dwarfs for about three weeks now and i am already in LOVE. :love

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalsmitten/

totally recommend :thumbsup
OH GEEZ!! Another instigator! :lol:

:welcome This is a great place with the most friendly folks around. Jump on in!

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
navajo001 said:

i'm like the goat&chicken enabler. :D there's just something so satisfying about having a healthy symbiotic relationship with your food-producers.

my two main reasons for keeping livestock, personally, are first for our health and second so that we're not supporting the horrible practices of mass-production agriculture. i don't want to give up eating animal products, but i can't stand how downright horribly most livestock in this country is kept. chickens should have the right to see sunshine. dairy animals should have the right to eat grass. etc.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MetalSmitten said:
navajo001 said:

i'm like the goat&chicken enabler. :D there's just something so satisfying about having a healthy symbiotic relationship with your food-producers.

my two main reasons for keeping livestock, personally, are first for our health and second so that we're not supporting the horrible practices of mass-production agriculture. i don't want to give up eating animal products, but i can't stand how downright horribly most livestock in this country is kept. chickens should have the right to see sunshine. dairy animals should have the right to eat grass. etc.
I hear you. My master plan is to start the chickens, rabbits, and quail this year, but the goats are going to have to wait a while.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK, so...

Just thought you'd all like to know if I've been listening lately.

Tonight, I took stock of what was going on in the kitchen and here's what I found:

I have Black Beans soaking in water/whey, home made yogurt finished, home made Ranch dressing (with sour cream and whole organic milk), yo-cheese draining, butternut squash brownies, kombucha tea, FCLO, had veggies with a bit of shredded roasted chicken (with the skin) and Ranch dressing for lunch, chicken fat and whey in the fridge, signed up for Freemotions upcoming class, have BBH sending me scoby and kefir, and my kids are calling me a "Hippie" now! :lol:

Nothing really Earth shattering to report, just wanted to let you all know I am listening and feeling better than I have in YEARS!

Hope you had a good weekend and Happy Prez Day tomorrow!

Tom

ETA: On a side note, I have found (am still testing) that having anything with store bought white flour is causing me heartburn these days. I gave up flour for a couple weeks and was noticing I started having heartburn a couple days ago for some reason then remembered I had had a hamburger bun with my BBQ and then a tortilla wrap with dinner last night. Dropped the flour today and NO HEARTBURN. Gonna keep an eye on it and will report back in case anyone is interested.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good for you. I haven't made as many changes, just don't have the time, but in spite of the fact that I've put on a couple of pounds, I'm noticing that I'm not as hungry, am eating less junk food, and things that I used to like I just have no desire to eat now.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Good for you. I haven't made as many changes, just don't have the time, but in spite of the fact that I've put on a couple of pounds, I'm noticing that I'm not as hungry, am eating less junk food, and things that I used to like I just have no desire to eat now.
GOOD FOR YOU! I noticed the same. I no longer crave potato chips and don't feel like I am starving all day.

Now, just need to kick the diet mtn dew habbit.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score