I THINK I SCREWED UP MY METABOLISM

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I'm hanging in there. Matlock just came on, so I'm good. :D
MAN! I haven't seen matlock in ages! My kids are busy watching iCarly though. Oh well.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Monday thru Friday from 8:00 to 10:00 pm (at least here) on the Hallmark Movie Channel.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
By the way, a couple of new observations about the dietary changes so far and what's going on.

I have lost another pound or so, NO blood pressure flare ups, lots of energy, no mid afternoon crash, not always starving! But the 2 weird things I wanted to mention are:

1. My hair is growing faster. I shave my head every Sunday night (in support of my son with alopecia) so it is easy to tell it is truly growing faster.

2. My night vision is getting better. I would not have attributed this to my dietary changes but I saw a similar story in passing in the Eat Fat, Lose Fat book. I was getting pretty worried the past year or so and was VERY nervous driving at night and couldn't read much in dim light. But now I am almost back to what used to be normal.

It is amazing to me the array of things that your diet influences. Just mind boggling!

Thanks,
Tom

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Monday thru Friday from 8:00 to 10:00 pm (at least here) on the Hallmark Movie Channel.
Ah! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to mosey over there sometime. Always liked Andy!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
By the way, a couple of new observations about the dietary changes so far and what's going on.

I have lost another pound or so, NO blood pressure flare ups, lots of energy, no mid afternoon crash, not always starving! But the 2 weird things I wanted to mention are:

1. My hair is growing faster. I shave my head every Sunday night (in support of my son with alopecia) so it is easy to tell it is truly growing faster.

2. My night vision is getting better. I would not have attributed this to my dietary changes but I saw a similar story in passing in the Eat Fat, Lose Fat book. I was getting pretty worried the past year or so and was VERY nervous driving at night and couldn't read much in dim light. But now I am almost back to what used to be normal.

It is amazing to me the array of things that your diet influences. Just mind boggling!

Thanks,
Tom
:clap :woot

Denim Deb

Reaction score
navajo001 said:
Denim Deb said:
Ah! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to mosey over there sometime. Always liked Andy!
I fell asleep watching him that night, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I watched a movie. For those that like horses and dressage, it as a nice movie.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
navajo001 said:
Denim Deb said:
I fell asleep watching him that night, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I watched a movie. For those that like horses and dressage, it as a nice movie.
Well GOOD FOR YOU! You finally got some sleep AND watched a good movie! I've been reading your journal and you NEED some rest! :thumbsup

I haven't caught any Matlock yet. By the time I get the kids fed, homework done, house cleaned and any laundry or dishes done, I'm just ready to surf on here a bit then hit the hay myself.

Take care of yourself!

Tom

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That's when it comes in handy to have a laptop and wireless. I read on here during commercials. :p And, I didn't get the sleep I needed that night. The movie came on after Matlock, and got done at midnight. I get up between 5:00 and 6:00.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
That's when it comes in handy to have a laptop and wireless. I read on here during commercials. :p And, I didn't get the sleep I needed that night. The movie came on after Matlock, and got done at midnight. I get up between 5:00 and 6:00.
OH! I thought you meant you had gone to sleep early and woken early enough to watch a movie. Sorry.

I usually don't get to bed until 12:30 - 1:00 am and have to get up at 6:30 to get my son moving in the morning so I feel ya.

Tom

Latest posts