I was not prepared this morning. :(

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
SNAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEE! In the middle lower nest box, hen in the lower right nest box...you could see her wattles shaking she was so scared to death. Poor baby. All I could find was a stupid shovel, and I had it's belly pinched up against the lower lip of the box, calling my dog on it...who barked, and watched :rolleyes: The chicken was a screaming blur of feathers when she figured out I had it. Then the goats kicked the back gate open and come to see what was going on :somad Then the snake wiggled it's way loose while I was yelling at the other dumb animals :barnie Then the snake got BEHIND the nest boxes and rattled it's tail.....umm only one kind of snake around here that does that...COPPERHEAD, and this sucker was HUGE..probably about 5 almost 6 feet long stretched out :ep I have NEVER seen a copperhead THAT big :th Either way...it's still here :/ I didn't kill it, and with all the other drama going on, I think it is still behind the nest boxes, but uh....I aint getting snake bit here by myself...alone...without anybody else here...BY MYSELF. No thank ya. Mr. Snake will live to fight another day. I'll get hin eventually. Maybe I will have my weapon of choice next time too...good ole trusty garden hoe. Dumb dog didn't do any good. I am SOOO disappointed in her. I guess she figured momma had this, so she'd just give it a good cussing while it was hurting :hu wish I could have gotten a pic though, because I have never seen a copperhead so HUGE in my LIFE! If it weren't in the nest box...I might have thought it was a nice looking snake :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: I probably won't be getting any eggs today :( I may go out hunting for it again here in a few. *sigh* Can't believe dog wouldn't get it :/ she's a TERRIER for cryin out loud! I need a snake dog. we have tons of snakes here....because the neighbors won't mw their yard :smack

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:lol: I probably won't be getting any eggs today :( I may go out hunting for it again here in a few. *sigh* Can't believe dog wouldn't get it :/ she's a TERRIER for cryin out loud! I need a snake dog. we have tons of snakes here....because the neighbors won't mw their yard :smack
Hmmm, I think I see a small money maker for you this summer...

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh NO!! I have lived here since 1975, where rattlesnakes abound, but I have never seen one in the wild. I hope to never see one!

I don't like snakes!!
snakeinhole.gif

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
Hmmm, I think I see a small money maker for you this summer...
They don't WANT it cut :/ Aggravates the crap outta me :barnie They have children under 10 that play out in that yard ALL the time...my little niece and nephew, and I worry about them out there all the time. The pond is grown up around and snakes everywhere. Nothing I can do though :(

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Do you own a snake bite kit...? You know one of those suction cup thingies..I'd want to be prepared just in case the unthinkable happens..!! Would you be able to get medical attention fast enough, if ya got bit...? We don't have poisonous snakes around my way.We have northern water snakes and black racers that will throw you a nasty bite, but they aren't poisonous. Do be careful...!!