I watched the documentary "Fat Head" ....

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I LOVED IT!!!

We rented it from Netflix and I'm considering buying a copy.

It had so much information.

I had no idea that cholesterol had nothing to do with heart disease, lowing your cholesterol had nothing to do with preventing a heart attack or carbs are what is to blame for heart disease. OR, woman of ANY age should never take cholesterol reducing drugs.

I highly advise everyone watch it.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yes :hide

yes, I lost weight on WW, but it came back. "They" say when people lose weight, most gain that weight back plus. I'm 30 pounds up. I'm still 24 from where I started, but I'm so scared it'll come back.

it was more than just the weight. It was the heart disease. Most of my family dies from heart disease. I'm looking more at the G.I. of food instead of the WW points. On WW I was always hungry, mostly because I ate lots of bread and pasta. I always ate whole grains thinking it was better for me. not so.

eye opening!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Your brain has to do a 180 doesn't it? LOL

Heart disease was my main health concern too. Lots of relatives died due to heart disease. Of course everything I did seemed to just make things worse. Took me until 3 years ago to find the facts. Going vegetarian, eating low fat and eating whole grains...the things they TELL you to do....were actually killing me!!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yep, I'm headed to the dark side, but I can't do alot of the stuff ya'll do.

I'll TRY the kombacha, but I'm just a bit leary of the fermenting and keifer stuff.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

I ferment veggies and stuff, but NO WAY am I touching that kefir or kombacha!! :sick

Just give me my yogurt and ginger carrots and I am happy :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:clap

Yay!!!!! See, there is truth to what some of us here are preaching! But when something goes against everything that you are ever taught it is hard to grasp that it could be true.

Glad you watched the movie and especially glad that you got something valuable out of it!!! :weee

Another one jumping on the bandwagon!! :celebrate