I watched the documentary "Fat Head" ....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I guess I should have attached some documentation of that statement...

Oppss...Looks like the Weston Price website is being remodeled. Here is a short snippet...
"Only oxidized cholesterol, found in powdered milk and eggs, contributes to heart disease. Powdered milk is added to 1% and 2% milk."

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I guess I should have attached some documentation of that statement...

Oppss...Looks like the Weston Price website is being remodeled. Here is a short snippet...
"Only oxidized cholesterol, found in powdered milk and eggs, contributes to heart disease. Powdered milk is added to 1% and 2% milk."
Yeah yeah, I know, that was over two years ago. lots has changed since then. ;)

ETA, in retrospect, there are alot of other things that could be considered alot worse than adding a few tablespoons of powdered milk to kefir, so while I no longer use it, like I said, it could be worse.

Not trying to start a war or anything,--the powder milk subject has been thoroughly discussed in its own thread. :)

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was confused too, so I Googled it. From the movie site:

Have you seen the news stories about the obesity epidemic? Did you see Super Size Me? Then guess what? Youve been fed a load of bologna.

Comedian (and former health writer) Tom Naughton replies to the blame-McDonalds crowd by losing weight on a fat-laden fast-food diet while demonstrating that nearly everything weve been told about obesity and healthy eating is wrong. Along with some delicious parody of Super Size Me, Naughton serves up plenty of no-bologna facts that will stun most viewers, such as: The obesity epidemic has been wildly exaggerated by the CDC. People the government classifies as overweight have longer lifespans than people classified as normal weight. Having low cholesterol is unhealthy. Lowfat diets can lead to depression and type II diabetes. Saturated fat doesnt cause heart disease but sugars, starches and processed vegetable oils do.
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/about/

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just put it on my list for Netflix,...gotta see it! Making my mother watch it too!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't do video,..:hit I have dial-up!
(Yes,..I would like cheese with my whine!):gig

Latest posts