Ideas for homemade snacks

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The granola recipie I use soaks the oats in kefir. Their not drenched just damp, if that makes sense. They soak over night. Drying takes abit 4 hours in a low oven. For crunchy I shut the oven off and leave the oats for a couple more hours.

G

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Here's what I use:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/playgroup-granola-bars/detail.aspx

Lots of variations in the reviews, easily tweaked for what your family likes.

I'm into the nut and dried fruit cycle. Oh, also peanuts mixed with candy corn. Can't help myself.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I tried this recipe the other day, they were EXCELLENT. Even tho i burnt them a little, cuz the baby was screaming cuz he fell and i was consoling him and all of a sudden i forgot about them so they were about 10 minutes too done. But i made another batch yesterday with some tweaks and they were so good. I added Molasses, cut the brown sugar to 1/2cup, added coconut flakes, minced walnuts and pecans, omitted the raisins, and added dried cranberries, and added a little more grapeseed oil and they turned out great. I gave my sister one and she loved them too and called for the recipe today. So quick and easy to make. And my son and DH love them!! That was the point, to find something they will eat that's healthy for them. Thank you, Rach

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
rd200 said:
Marianne said:
Here's what I use:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/playgroup-granola-bars/detail.aspx

Lots of variations in the reviews, easily tweaked for what your family likes.

I'm into the nut and dried fruit cycle. Oh, also peanuts mixed with candy corn. Can't help myself.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I tried this recipe the other day, they were EXCELLENT. Even tho i burnt them a little, cuz the baby was screaming cuz he fell and i was consoling him and all of a sudden i forgot about them so they were about 10 minutes too done. But i made another batch yesterday with some tweaks and they were so good. I added Molasses, cut the brown sugar to 1/2cup, added coconut flakes, minced walnuts and pecans, omitted the raisins, and added dried cranberries, and added a little more grapeseed oil and they turned out great. I gave my sister one and she loved them too and called for the recipe today. So quick and easy to make. And my son and DH love them!! That was the point, to find something they will eat that's healthy for them. Thank you, Rach
:thumbsup

I will have to try that, my husband and daughter love granola bars.