Ideas for my junk?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure where else to put this..

When we first moved to the place the people here before threw the things they didn't want in piles in the woods, me, being well.. me, I would go out with my shovel and a bucket and my gloves and spend hours digging up piles of jars and other items. Some of the smallest things I found were a car key, a skeleton key, a penny, a marble, and more.

Anyway.. moving on. About 4-5 years ago I dug up an old stove and have had it since, just laying around. I need some ideas about what to do with it, and since all of you are so very creative.. I thought I'd ask!
If I can't find any uses we'll have to send it away for scrap iron.

Here is is. One of the cats was taking a nap in it..
004-1.jpg

005-5.jpg

Ideas?? I don't think it will make much of a planter..

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Are you kidding? It would make a COOL planter! :D

Another idea is to make it in to an outdoor fireplace of some sort.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Yeah, a really bearproof cat litterbox :)

Why not see if someone would want to recondition/rebuild it for themselves to use as a stove?

Have fun,

Pat

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Stand that thing up and take some more pictures of it.......

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
paint it up nice and use it for a fire box on your patio. Make sure you use heat resident paint though.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I agree --stand it up, and either use it as an outside fire place, or stand it up, paint it and put some plants in it and on it. It would be a real conversation peice either way.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok, tomorrow when its light out I'll stand it up and take more pics.

The thing with it being a planter is that it doesn't get enough light inside, and along the back the hole that would connect to the pipes is at an angle so it wouldn't give quite enough light either.

The cats aready have their own house thingy, not sure what MoMo thought he was doing in there, aside from napping, luckily we don't have any bears.. MoMo could get eaten by one and it would be ok though.. but you didn't hear that from me.

The door used to have sort of a screen within the little squares, but most of that has fallen out; and as you can see the frame of the door along the hinges was broke off, the actual corner of the door is busted off, but both pieces go back together when on the hinges and stay together as long as the door isn't swung all the way back.

I was thinking of the whole out door fire place thing but my mom wants to build a brick one, I guess we don't cook outside as much as we'd like..

Thanks for ideas so far everyone!

If I painted it what color should it be? It used to be black, theres still some paint on the sides.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, first off they sell a flat black bbq paint in a spray can that resist major heat. Second, maybe you could paint it and set it out in the hot day sun. Throw in a thermometer and see how hot it gets inside. Might tell you if it could be usefull as some type of solar cooker.
Is the top flat? If you built a fire could you stick a pan on the top? Out door cooking in summer??? How fun!!