Ideas for my junk?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Amos, I have an old Fat Boy stove that I use for a planter! :lol: I guess I'm not crazy after all, if others think of doing the same thing!

I agree with SKR8PN....stand that bad boy up and let us give it a look. Wonder where the legs are?

I like the idea of having it out on a patio for an outdoor fire on cool fall evenings....a nice stone base....hmmmmmm.....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
There used to be another iron piece that it set into.. I'll try to see if I can find that piece and take a pic too.

I think I'd have to put it in full sun to get enough light for plants inside, but then it might get too hot inside. I'll have to see how how it gets inside..

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok, I got pictures of it upright. Bit rainy out.
I took pics of all sides and the top, + one closeup of the door.
I don't know what brand it is or what company made it, or anything. Some rust damage going through on the back, if you can see it with all the cobwebs.

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, that is way cool looking. You know with all the ribbing on the metal it reminds me of a radiator. I imagine the same concept only wood burning. someone around here has to have a good idea. good luck, :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Gina!

I forgot to take pics of the thing it sat on so I went outside, drug it outta the woods and took some pics.

When I found it all in the woods half of the stove thingy was underground, this was under it..

017-2.jpg

016-4.jpg

A little ways away I also found this, from something else, but I have no idea what, but it looked cool so I took it with me. I wish I knew more about this stuff. If I ever decide to be a welder I'll weld me a cast iron mailbox and I'll attach this to it and it can be my door :thumbsup

019.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That lower section looks like it has some kind of turning "thing a ma jig" on it. I wonder what it was for? Jeeze I wish I had some wood with undiscovered treasures. How much fun is that?
:D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Put that chicken AND that cat in it!:lol: (Irritating cats is fun AND easy.)

Just kidding. (I'll bet a nice hen would like to lay an egg in that thing. Post the pics on BYC, it will be the talk of the forum!)

I agree with the other folks, put it to some good use as an outdoor fire place, what a great conversational piece!

Let us know what you end up doing with it please.:)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Gina, it is alot of fun! In the middle of one of our fields theres a swamp, this weekend my mom and I are going out there, quite a few antique milk cans out there that we'll bring home.

Actually BBH, quite a few chickens have layed eggs in there, the silkies especially liked to lay in there a couple years ago.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
That lower section looks like it has some kind of turning "thing a ma jig" on it. I wonder what it was for? Jeeze I wish I had some wood with undiscovered treasures. How much fun is that?
:D
That looks like a grate. Our old wood cook stove had a similar grate and when you turn the handle the grates swivel down(open) to let the ashes fall into an ash box.

That is definitely a brand or style of stove I've never seen! Very futuristic looking...almost could belong to Capt. Nemo... :p