Ideas for my junk?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You could use it to burn trash and sticks and such. Or use it as a fun nest box, why fight nature?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I'd clean that thing up, add some new Mica panels to the door, add a short stack on top, and USE it as it was intended. Put a fire in it and use it to warm up your deck when your out there on a chilly evening. :D :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I'd clean that thing up, add some new Mica panels to the door, add a short stack on top, and USE it as it was intended. Put a fire in it and use it to warm up your deck when your out there on a chilly evening. :D :D
Honestly-- I agree. I know I said either as a fwoodstove or a planter, but if it wre mine, I would use iton my patio as a fireplace. When I lived up north, I used to cook on an outdoor stove in the summer and fall, so I ddidn't heat up the cottage.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
In Colorado it gets pretty nippy at night. I would use it as an outdoor fireplace for the patio and as a way to get rid of the sticks the trees keep dropping on my lawn :D

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
In Colorado it gets pretty nippy at night. I would use it as an outdoor fireplace for the patio and as a way to get rid of the sticks the trees keep dropping on my lawn :D
I would have to agree.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok, looks like I'll fix it up and set it up somewhere.. Probably the backyard.
I'm not too sure about using the bottom with the grate though. I'll have to pour some cement in one of the dropping trays for a platform to put it on.

What color should I paint it?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Miss thenorth..

When you were up north? What would you call Canada? Thats a ways up there.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Amos said:
Miss thenorth..

When you were up north? What would you call Canada? Thats a ways up there.
Lol, Where I live now, I am about an hour west of Detroit, Michigan. I used to live up near Timmins, Ontario, about 6 years ago. While most of Canada is north of the states, I live in Southwestern Ontario. There are a few states that are farther north than me, Minnesota being one of them. :)