If we ate the way nutritionists want...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
I lost my wavy thick hair qualities when I got sick from the gluten stuff. I still haven't gained those back, and I've lost a bit of hair. Will you PLEASE share that formula? I want my hair back and I want a flake free scalp without having to sacrifice my hair for it!
Easy peasy.
Farm's Rosemary Castile Shampoo

1. Grate up several bars of 100% olive oil Castile soap (I make mine and it only has olive oil and lye in it.)
2. Add some water and let soak till the soap softens.
3. Make a strong tea with rosemary and boiling water - strain.
4. Add rosemary tea to softened soap and heat stirring gently until a good shampoo consistency is reached.
5. Stick it into a bottle and wash hair like normal.

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess I need to make some castle soap soon. Thanks for the formula.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hmm, that's interesting! I've started only washing my hair (dry & curly) once a week, which makes it softer. I have a little bottle of Dr. Bronner's soap (combo of vegetable oils, not just olive oil), so I might give that a try & see if I like the results.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
where do you get the 100 percent casitle olive oil soap from.
I make my own! :cool:

There are places to buy it out there it is just expensive. Castile soap. Like a lot of other things we eat and grow are high dollar at market prices. ;)

Olive oil, lard, real butter and beef tallow .... all stuff that is supposed to kill us when we eat it!

The human body needs a good fats as much as it needs protein and other nutritional components. Many of the vitamins that our body needs are only fat soluble. Plus we need fats to keep joints moving and nervous system functioning as well. It also makes your hair shiny! Grandma Nettie was not wrong when she suggested that we put a little grease on the dog's food to keep him shiny as well. :p

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
If we ate the way nutritionists want us to eat, our hair would be falling out, our teeth would be falling out and our skin would be drying up. Julia Child
Mary Enig is a nutritionist. Beware. ;)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
My husband is in the hospital right now. He can't believe what they are trying to pass off as healthy food.
My husband spent a week in the hospital a couple years ago. He loved the food. :hu and :sick

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
JRmom said:
miss_thenorth said:
My husband is in the hospital right now. He can't believe what they are trying to pass off as healthy food.
My husband spent a week in the hospital a couple years ago. He loved the food. :hu and :sick
I think it is becasue it is so carb-based. Cereal and toast for breakfast, and alot of pasta based dinners. Jello, fruit cups laden with sugar. We just don't eat like that, so it came as a big shock to his system.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Gotta love Julia!

In all fairness, the "nutritionists" are catching on. My daughter's clinical dietitian perscribed a diet very, very low in grains, legumes and commercial dairy. She encouraged her to eat lotsa healthy fats ie butter etc, veggies raw and some cooked, grass fed meats and dairy from either goats or heritage cows that were grass fed as well.

Her hospital offered a different fresh veggie from the farmer's market every week, all week long. They even let the farmer's market set up in the cafeteria! They also let you order whatever you wanted off the menu. Sam's favorite was chef salad.

(However, the crap they put in her feeding tube "feeds" smelled just like fruit loops. :sick And was made by Nestle.)

Latest posts