If you are in a place with daylight savings time...

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
You get light until 5 pm?!

We usually only get it from 7 am til 4 pm up here. Darn it all.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
All I know is it's ten minutes to seven and it's still pitch black out there. I want the sun in the am.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am so glad! My internal clock has been off since we changed in spring. I hate DST.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
It does make it easier for me to get up in the morning.

But, it makes it harder to get anything done outside after supper.

I feel like it's bedtime at 8pm.

I'm ready for summer. :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
I get a kick out of people who say 'oh, we get an extra hour of daylight'. No, you don't, you just don't get up early enough to enjoy the whole day. :p
:gig That's what my mom says!! :gig

Ok, so someone please tell me, the time we're going to now is the normal time, right? If we never changed our clocks, this is the setting it would be on year round??

I know that in the summer, we have the hardest time getting the kids to bed because at 8pm, it's still daylight. :rolleyes:

I just hate having to remember to change my clocks!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am with Ann....I get up at about 5- 5:15. I am sooooo looking forward to it getting lighter earlier. I hate that I have to wake up my 7 yr old in the dark to get ready for school, when the time changes it will just be getting light out when she needs to wake up.....makes it easier on a kid.

On the other end of the day, I like it when it gets darker earlier. I like that the darkness kind of forces everyoen to come home earlier and spend time together :)

Of course I am the first one to just up and down about the spring change too!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hate DST. I understand it had a purpose, but our culture today doesn't depend on light. Several business' are open 24/7, many people work night shifts, I think the whole DST should be dropped. We have headlights on our vehicles, lights in our stores and houses, lights in the parking lots and lights all down the street of the cities. We no longer depend on the sun as a measure of time.

The change screws me up, I can deal with the darkness, just not the time change. Leave it alone! :smack

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
I hate DST. I understand it had a purpose, but our culture today doesn't depend on light. Several business' are open 24/7, many people work night shifts, I think the whole DST should be dropped. We have headlights on our vehicles, lights in our stores and houses, lights in the parking lots and lights all down the street of the cities. We no longer depend on the sun as a measure of time.
There are very few businesses open 24/7 in our area - one factory with government contracts and the hospital are the only ones I can think of at the moment. And they are both 15 or 20 miles away. This region is still pretty agricultural.....

Don't drive through the nearest large town after 8 pm - the sidewalks have been rolled up. :D

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
Good point!

I'll appreciate having the light in morning so I'm not opening coop doors while still dark out. Chickens don't want to come out for their scratch treat. But I'll hate having less light at night to do chores. I need the light to see if anything is wrong (holes in fence, chicken roosting in a bush, egg dropped in the yard, etc.). :/

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow :frow

We changed our clocks back last Saturday here in the UK & I am only just getting used to the early dark evenings. I get up a bit earlier so I can let the chickens out to enjoy the mild sunny weather we have been having here. That will all change in a couple of days when the weather changes -- BIG SIGH......!! Roll on seed-planting time! :frow

Hattie