If you could..........

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
HMM, I have pondered this too. I live on an island and would if I could buy more land in Northern Maine. As long as I could have te work I have here there. :) Land is limited on the island and is still selling for 15-20,000 an acres for basic land. Then it shoots throught the roof when you get on the water. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I believe in my heart, you WILL have all those, and more, one day. ;)
I would like to get my woods fenced, and cross fenced...so I could raise Giant Black hogs back there....Electric in my barn...and water in the barn...and to go off grid in the house. Hmmmm....and wood floors!! :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
justusnak said:
I would like to get my woods fenced, and cross fenced...so I could raise Giant Black hogs back there....Electric in my barn...and water in the barn...and to go off grid in the house. Hmmmm....and wood floors!! :p
I like my property to be bordered with a natural fence such as thickly planted trees plus woven wire behind them..........

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
justusnak said:
I like my property to be bordered with a natural fence such as thickly planted trees plus woven wire behind them..........
Once we get the fence on the woods, I am planning to put another "fence" about 8 ft inside of the farm fence...a living fence of some sort. This way, I won't have to worry about some snotty little kids reaching through the first fence and getting hurt by my animals, or feeding them something they shouldn't have. I will be able to mow between the farm fence and the living fence. I hope! LOL

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have only been here for 2 years, so it is more a case of what I am impatient to get done. I am prepping for dairy goats. We want to get a fruit orchard put in. Hubby wants to get bees, and we have fencing to finish so we can put cattle on our back pasture. We have a very long list. :rolleyes:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
First change I'd make at this point is instead of water underground, I'd strike oil. Then I'd sell off all of it, and buy what I want, and DH wouldn't have to worry about not being able to find work, and I could take care of him financially for a change. We'd build a house big enough for us and the kid, and the foster kids, and a MIL quarters on another lot close by for the kids mom until she can manage to get them back, so that they could see her, and still not technically be living with her per the law, and we could all work this out together with the case workers. Then EVERYBODY could be happy, and NOBODY would be grumbling or be being hurt in any way. That's all I want. :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
First change I'd make at this point is instead of water underground, I'd strike oil. Then I'd sell off all of it, and buy what I want, and DH wouldn't have to worry about not being able to find work, and I could take care of him financially for a change. We'd build a house big enough for us and the kid, and the foster kids, and a MIL quarters on another lot close by for the kids mom until she can manage to get them back, so that they could see her, and still not technically be living with her per the law, and we could all work this out together with the case workers. Then EVERYBODY could be happy, and NOBODY would be grumbling or be being hurt in any way. That's all I want. :p
:hugs

Latest posts