Im new! excited to join this forum

GB

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Im from South Australia. I live in a conventional way, but am slowly making changes to the way we live to become more self sufficient and concious of the environment. I love op shopping, gardening, economising in as many ways as possible. Through this forum I hope to meet likeminded people and make some new friends with this shared interest. Cheers!

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to Sufficient Self! :)

/Neiklot - Sweden

GB

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your welcomes! Op shopping is buying secondhand clothes and household goods in charity stores ... people donate unwanted goods which are onsold to the public, and the proceeds are given to charity projects. I love it! recycling and bargain hunting and fun! everyone wins. Are there many Aussies using this forum? Id like to connect with groups in Australia if possible. Im in rural South Australia, 5hrs from Melbourne, and 5hrs from Adelaide.

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
GB said:
Thank you for your welcomes! Op shopping is buying secondhand clothes and household goods in charity stores ... people donate unwanted goods which are onsold to the public, and the proceeds are given to charity projects. I love it! recycling and bargain hunting and fun! everyone wins.
Cool! We have that in the US too, it's called thrift shopping here.

There are one or two other posters in Australia, but I can't remember who right now. Hopefully they'll chime in soon.

:frow Nice to have you here!

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, Yes we have op shopping here; just hadn't heard it called that before. Our local Salvation Army store recently priced all their kids clothes 6X and down, at 10 for $1.00. By the time I got there, two women were pretty much ravaging the clothing bins, so all I could get my hands on were a pair of jeans and two pair of leggings for my grand daughters. But I do frequent that place a lot!:p