the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope that gets better but sometimes it just takes a while.

yeah... i survived mowing but i only did the front ditch. all the south area i used to mow i didn't touch at all yet. not sure i'm going to bother with it unless the thistles look to be growing. so far they've not poked up too much - i kept them chopped back right at ground level last year...

being impatient and want to get going on projects. :) it helps a lot to get some of the bigger things done before it gets too hot and planting season arrives. this year i doubt i'll be doing much of that other than the minimum just to get the gardens planted.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i was able to get outside and wash the windows yesterday. today i'll be inside so i can wash them. it's much harder to do them inside because i can't use the squeegee and there's more stuff in the way.

perfect spring weather (70-75F and some sunny and rainy days). perhaps i can get the first peas and beans planted (a few weeks later than normal).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
more rains here, it's very soggy and muddy in the gardens. looks like the whole week is going to be off-and-on chances of more rains.

my sister is visiting and we went for a walk the other day. maybe about a mile and a half total. i'm normally a fairly fast walker but this time i was walking slower and also when we got back i was a bit winded, but it was still good to get out and move.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're having several days of possible scattereds, too. Got about 1/2" last night in a good 2 hr rain. 👍. We were surface dry down a couple inches, so needed it.