I'm so spoiled!!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I still use a flip phone. I am due for a new phone in February. I may bite the bullet and get a phone that is easier to text with...I hate texting on a flip phone...takes forever!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Count me as one of the smartphone crowd. I don't have a computer or Internet My parents did just tell me I could have one of their computers (desktop) if I get internet though and I do have an iPad. So I'll be pricing out internet soon! This screen is too small!

Congrats, good hubby you've got there!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I LOVE my laptop!!! Would never go back to a desk top.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm spoiled to my Toshiba laptop but I could care less about my phone. My phone was a $10 one from Dollar General and the minutes was about the same per month. When my kids broke it months ago they can't believe I don't need a phone. DH has a $$$ one that does everything but make coffee. All my sons had smart phones but I took them away when they could do anything but text all day and night. We have a digital phone attached to our internet service which is about $10/month. Anyway it's good enough for me. Everytime DH asks me why we can't have cable I tell him all our money goes to his phone, $120/month. Yikes!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:rantExactly and that's just the bill every month. The phone actually was around $700! I mention it frequently. Now he's talking about an upgrade. I talk about when he's going to be sleeping on our daughter's couch, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow my husband and I both have smartphones with unlimited data plans for $90/month. I have to say you are much nicer than I am. Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow my husband and I both have smartphones with unlimited data plans for $90/month
Do you mind if I ask what carrier you are with? MY DH and I both have smartphones, NOT unlimited data, two hotspots and we're well over $230 -250 a month. I'm tired of it! Ready to go to a pre-paid plan or something equally as cheap. Only reason we do this is that we can't get at Wi-Fi plans here unless it's satellite which is cost prohibitive and lousy service... Country life - love/hate relationship, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah we use Straight Talk. Unlimited data BUT it slows way down if you use it a lot. So I want to get home Internet (around $45 a month) and then we will still be under $150/month